B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Engine Problem =/

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by JrAdrock
When did you notice that you could not scan the ECU? Was it before or after your "Speed Tuning Chip".

How long have you had the chip before these problems came along. Was the chip soldered onto the board? I would pull your ECU out as a quick check. Look at the the pins for the connection and make sure that none are bent or broken off. Make sure that the harness is secured properly (latched into place). Not being able to scan the ECU is a big indication of a big problem. The wires or plug should not really go bad unless someone was up in that car doing something they probably shouldn't have. A car that won't idle would most likely triggering a check engine light, because something is possibly not functioning properly and you don't seem to be getting a CEL. See if anyone in your area could possibly do a quick ECU swap to see if you are having an ECU problem. This is something that won't cost you anything and might get you closer to your fix.

Try the stuff that's free first. TB adaptation, ECU check and swap, check spark plugs and gap and then update us on your findings.
Well i never really got to scan the ECU before i got the CHIP, but the after the chip i tried to scan and took to shops like i said and they said something was wrong because they couldnt scan, so yea i done a TB alignment right when this started but maybe i did it wrong, i'll try again like u said it, unfortunally i dont know any1 with the same ECU as me =/
anyone here in Miami(Kendall) let me know.
Thank for the tips guys I'll keep updated.
thanks

Old 09-13-2008, 03:16 PM
1st Gear

I'm doing the seafoam treatment right now, seems that it help the rough idle.
also doing another tb alignment, in about 15 mins should turn on the car and see the smoke and tb aligned hopefully everything back to normal.