B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

:: ECS Tuning :: URO Complete Control Arm Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Sponsor
Default :: ECS Tuning :: URO Complete Control Arm Kits!!

One package: many cures. The URO control arm set addresses many suspension issues faced by aging Audis. This packaged suspension solution cures the chronic creaking and clunking caused when old steering arm bushings and ball joints get loose.

If your B5 is currently crashing and banging down the road, and wanders between the lines due to loose steering, it's time to fix it right with a complete package that includes arms, links, and mounting hardware.

Click HERE to order of for more information.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

Old 02-28-2013, 12:19 AM
1st Gear
Default Control arm kits

What is the difference between the one you posted and those two others kits

Audi B5 A4 Quattro 1.8T > Suspension > Control Arm > ES#2500995 Complete Control Arm Kit With HD Tie Rod Ends & Hardware - 8E0498500CK at 349 $

and

Audi B5 A4 Quattro 1.8T > Suspension > Control Arm > ES#3005 HD Complete Control Arm Kit (With Sway Bar End Links) - 8D0498998S1 a 594$

All those three seem to have the 8 control arms and all the same hardware ?

Old 02-28-2013, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

... and your URO kit says $238.03 in the image you posted, but the website says $252.19.

And how does this kit compare to the control arm kit that FCP sells for $224.95 (which looks like URO brand too, and free shipping as well)?

Last edited by CheckerBird; 02-28-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM
2nd Gear

Also curious about these questions..

Old 02-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bruno B
Different brands, different costs. The cost reflects the retail price. Obviously the less we have to pay the better we can price our kits. All of the aftermarket control arm kits we sell meet or exceed the quality of OEM parts.

Originally Posted by CheckerBird
... and your URO kit says $238.03 in the image you posted, but the website says $252.19.

And how does this kit compare to the control arm kit that FCP sells for $224.95 (which looks like URO brand too, and free shipping as well)?
If you look closely at the picture you will notice that it says *price subject to change. The market is constantly changing thus causing costs on product to fluctuate. To maintain the same profit margins retail pricing needs to be adjusted for the inflated costs.

I'm not too familiar with the kit FCP sells. For all I know they could use the same distributor as us. They don't list the manufacture of of their house brand control arms.

Jason

Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM
1st Gear
Default In term on pieces included

I was talking about all the pieces in the kit

I know for sur that my 4 upper balljoints are dead so

i was wondering if the kit at 250$ had all the pieces to fix everything in there

Those two at 349 and 594 are only a better quality right ?

That was my concern

Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 PM
2nd Gear

I have a feeling that all the cheap/in-house brand control arms come from the same factory, they all just look so similar it can't be a coincidence since every other brand's arms look unique. The red circlips on the boots are a dead giveaway, I think every cheap arm I've seen has them.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

I've got a question about the hardware that these kits come with... does it include new upper control arm "pinch bolts" too, or do you have to buy those separately from the kit?

I've been researching the control arm kits on all the forum websites I can find, and there are mixed reviews about these cheaper and "house brand" kits, some reports are quite negative with early failures of ball joints and bushings. There's even a lot of bad reports about the expensive Meyle brand kits.

I highly suspect the early rubber bushing failures are likely coming from the installer tightening down all the bushing bolts while the car is up on jack stands or a lift and the spring is fully extended downwards... instead of preloading the suspension back to normal ride height with the weight on the spindle before torquing down those bolts. That will definitely cause the rubber inside the bushing to twist more than it's supposed to from the normal resting state and tear it.

Since this is a lot of work to replace these, and my car now has 85K miles, but is 15 years old, I think I'll save up my money until I can afford the $500 Febi kit instead since that one has been getting the best reviews. This is my daily driver, so no need for exotic adjustable control arms. I'll also probably replace every other moving/wear item in the front end at the same time (shocks, upper strut rubber bushing mounts, wheel bearings, outer CV joints and boots, etc) since I hate doing front suspension work with a passion and only want to do it once so I don't mind paying a little extra for parts that have a proven reputation for durability.

Last edited by CheckerBird; 02-28-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:47 PM
2nd Gear

I'm pretty sure the kits that come with hardware have every bolt you would need. On the BMW E39 forums everyone unanimously hates no-name arms, people have said that they didn't last worth a **** even when they torqued the arms at ride height. I replaced the sway bar endlinks in my friend's E39 with no-name parts (red circlip BTW) because they were completely trashed and we needed something cheap to last until a full suspension refresh. After not much more than half a year they were done, the boots were torn and the ball joints in them already had a good amount of play. I would save up for Febi, they're the next best behind Lemfoerder (OEM) at half the price.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Sponsor

Complete kits come with everything pictured. Our kit pics are just not generic pics of the same kit used for 3-4 different manufacturers. Each kit is photographed individually, even though they all look similar I can assure you that each kit has its own photos so you can see exactly what you're getting.

Poor installation is the most common reason for premature failure. I have run expensive kits and low budget kits. Pretty much all with the same results. It really depends on how much you want to spend and what you think a set of control arms and hardware is worth to you.

Jason

Quick Reply: :: ECS Tuning :: URO Complete Control Arm Kits!!