B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Dyno video

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:58 PM
3rd Gear

Nice vid Mike. What setup is next, especially now that you GT35r is busted?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:07 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Tweaked
Nice vid Mike. What setup is next, especially now that you GT35r is busted?
Depends on when the owner of Full-race says he wants me to bring the car in. I might just throw a HTA on for the time being since I can always turn around and sell it with my FR manifold/lines/wg/dp.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:11 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mike@DTH
Depends on when the owner of Full-race says he wants me to bring the car in. I might just throw a HTA on for the time being since I can always turn around and sell it with my FR manifold/lines/wg/dp.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is HTA?

Old 12-11-2008, 10:46 PM
3rd Gear

^^^ A newer alternative to Garrett's. Lotta people having great results from them.

Hey, you made over 575hp on a smoked turbo. Thats pretty fu*cken good. lol. Time for the 40 perhaps?

Old 12-11-2008, 11:04 PM
1st Gear

Mike@DTH,

Your friends Evo's is the silver one with black wheels? All I know is that his screen name on Evo forums is Smoggy and he works for Tuning Tech, where you dynoed your car. I believe he's on a stock head right?(No porting just spring and retainers)

Old 12-12-2008, 08:47 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by euro_2nr
^^^ A newer alternative to Garrett's. Lotta people having great results from them.
Thanks for the update.

Mike, if you're selling an old (affordable) setup, I call dibs!

Old 12-12-2008, 10:15 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Tweaked
Excuse my ignorance, but what is HTA?
Basically it is just a hybrid using a Garrett turbo and a billet extended tip compressor wheel. Forced Performance is the company that does this and we are a FP dealer.

Originally Posted by lvevo
Mike@DTH,

Your friends Evo's is the silver one with black wheels? All I know is that his screen name on Evo forums is Smoggy and he works for Tuning Tech, where you dynoed your car. I believe he's on a stock head right?(No porting just spring and retainers)
Yes his name is Tom and he goes by Smogrunner on the forums. He doesn't work for Tuning tech, just sponsored by them. He is a vic principle at a high school.

Yeah I think he is on a stock head with 272 cams and valve train.

Originally Posted by euro_2nr

Hey, you made over 575hp on a smoked turbo. Thats pretty fu*cken good. lol. Time for the 40 perhaps?
No 40r for me. My next turbo will be a Borgwarner S366 which is the company that actual came out with the extended tip design for the compressor wheel. Their turbos also have a updated design for the exhaust wheel.

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 12-12-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by Mike@DTH
Basically it is just a hybrid using a Garrett turbo and a billet extended tip compressor wheel. Forced Performance is the company that does this and we are a FP dealer.

Sorry, Mike, but that is incorrect

Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance
This is a urban legend. Our HTA wheel aero is our own and not even similar to existing wheel aeros. It certainly isnt a Borg Warner wheel.
It does not have "extended tip technology" and it doesnt need a gimmick like that to work properly. What is the technology of an extended tip anyway? Just poking fun, but I dont have anything else to do in a situation like this but make a joke. People (mostly on Honda forums) have been spreading the idea that HTA is a Borg Warner compressor wheel and that is simply ridiculous. Anyone saying that has obviously never compared the two wheels themselves and is simply speaking out of their ___.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:03 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by cincyTT
Sorry, Mike, but that is incorrect
LOL. Odd that FP didn't come out with it till after BW came out with their new wheel?

FP HTA 7 blade wheel

BW's 7 blade wheel

Now if you can actual find a picture of a HTA wheel and a BW wheel side by side let me know. I am sure at some point I will have both sitting here on my desk seeing that I sell both and then I can take really close up pics of both.

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 12-12-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm make believe

I know they look basically the same, thats just THEIR claim. Dont know if they just arent as tall, but they can say what they want.

What housing and turbine wheel do you plan on running with the s366?

Quick Reply: Dyno video