B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Which DV should i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Guru

ok, i understand breaking cars and being affraid, but it is 3 hoses and a couple of clams, no electronics.... as for ebay, i got my forge bov off there

Last edited by turbo kraut; 07-31-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: ninja
Old 07-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
as for ebay, i got my forge bov off there
I can see that. I was more concerned about buying knock-off type stuff from random companies on eBay. Read an article once about a flash drive some guy paid a fortune for on eBay, only to get it in the mail and find this:

All I was tryin to say is be careful what you buy on eBay and who you buy it from

Old 07-31-2010, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

no im not buying a a dv from ebay im gonna get it with this ppl that are APR certified and stuff and they also carry thier ECU upgrade and there like a mile away from me so i don't have dont have any down time at all mwahhhh

Old 07-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Slut

Go in the classified section of this forum, buy the hyperboost for 60 bucks. He's a good guy and took great care of his car. I sold him some injectors and met him, car was spotless and maintained. And a bumbling retard could install a dv. Paying someone $65 to do it is insane.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Site Moderator

Sure there are scammers on ebay. But nobody is going to put the time money and effort into fabricating a dv that doesn't accomplish its very basic purpose and function. There is no cheating the necessary engineering on this piece of equipment for the benefit to the seller,

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 07-31-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Guru

unless they sell you a picture.... all the r/d is done by big companies, they sell off their molds and blah blah blah..... joe blow with the right equipment can make the same thing...

here is the really bad thing.... when i first got my audi('06) my in-laws neighbor had a vw, he went on ebay and bought a "fake" 004, i was talking to him... he gave it to me, i sold it for 25 bucks.... i just got a 004.... same f'ing thing, just color and one has forge stamped on it

Old 08-01-2010, 12:16 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Go in the classified section of this forum, buy the hyperboost for 60 bucks. He's a good guy and took great care of his car. I sold him some injectors and met him, car was spotless and maintained. And a bumbling retard could install a dv. Paying someone $65 to do it is insane.
He all ready sold it and i prefer someone that does kno what they doing unlike me that i dont know the first thing about a turbo charged car and even more with my run in with a turboed car's lol but who know's i might buy the DV and wait till i have the money to get the APR tune and then maybe ill put it in by myself if i go over and over the DIY's that they have hear and around the web

Old 08-01-2010, 01:20 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
unless they sell you a picture.... all the r/d is done by big companies, they sell off their molds and blah blah blah..... joe blow with the right equipment can make the same thing...

here is the really bad thing.... when i first got my audi('06) my in-laws neighbor had a vw, he went on ebay and bought a "fake" 004, i was talking to him... he gave it to me, i sold it for 25 bucks.... i just got a 004.... same f'ing thing, just color and one has forge stamped on it
There are china made Tial WG's and Tial BOV's, some even have the Tial name right on them like the real ones. But your not going to want to get one seeing that the quality is no where nearly as good.

What does someone do that has a copied BPV that fails causing the turbo surge so much that it destroyes itself? You think the shop that sold you that copy is going to give a crap about your turbo? hell no. Most of the people that make the copies have them made in china or make them in their garage, here today for the money, gone tomorrow once they have sold all their product and leave the customers bitching to no one when the products start failing.

Just like the big company APC.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
There are china made Tial WG's and Tial BOV's, some even have the Tial name right on them like the real ones. But your not going to want to get one seeing that the quality is no where nearly as good.

What does someone do that has a copied BPV that fails causing the turbo surge so much that it destroyes itself? You think the shop that sold you that copy is going to give a crap about your turbo? hell no. Most of the people that make the copies have them made in china or make them in their garage, here today for the money, gone tomorrow once they have sold all their product and leave the customers bitching to no one when the products start failing.

Just like the big company APC.
now that you put it that way...lol

Old 08-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Site Moderator

How does an all aluminum bpv fail? You should be able to determine if the piston is going to seize up when greasing it before its first use. Someone at least provide a link of someone getting scammed or having a bad experience with an ebay forge-style valve. All these assumptions se
em to be unfounded.