B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

DV / boost gauge question quick

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:45 AM
2nd Gear

"I highly recommend and am a giplantic fan of the APR center vent/vdo gauge. This is after swapping out of the 00"

please explain this better haha

giplantic? maybe gigantic?

any links to the apr center vent/vdo gauge? $$?

and its a really nice looking spw boost/vacuum gauge or whatever BUT he put it in an a-pillar gauge pod (cough cough) but it can be taken out and placed in other pods, so i was thinking (since my center display blows donkey dik) that i would get a steering colum adapter one ***LINK ANYONE???*** OR (what i ALWAYS loved) is the vent gauge ***LINK ANYONE?*** like you have a pic of above this post... i think that they look clean as hell and will definately help with the ladies imo ; )

Old 09-24-2008, 11:48 AM
2nd Gear

ALSO - after looking at your pics above , i am very jealous of your red lights for your spedo and tach... i have a 00 so mine is white, and with every other light on the dash for the other gauges and the whole stock stereo having red lights and climate control having red, and my boost gauge that i want being red lighting i REALLY want to take apart my cluster and change the color from white to red... anyone got any ideas on this?? is there a DIY of this has it been done? thanks a lot i really dont know what id do without all your guys help, id probably be calling the dealershit about half of this stuff LOL im a noob when it comes to german cars

Old 09-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Site Moderator

Yes, giplantic. Giant+planet= hella big
www.goapr.com sells the vent pod and steering pod, but don't get one unless you know the gauge will fit it.

You can't change the lights in a 00+ cluster, i don't think.... I think they non removeable LEDs, but Im not positive. I know that no one has done it that I'm aware of. But yeah, I love the red cluster lights too! The 00+ white cluster lights are way easier to see at night (the font of the #'s is a little different too) but i kind of like the red at night because it's sort of mellow. The red stands out in those pics because I chose a red color accent when taking the picture. They don't look that bright in day light.

If you think changing cluster bulbs is going to help with the ladies, well.... Have you tried flowers?

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 09-24-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:08 PM
2nd Gear

lol thanks for the quick responses 1.8t and yeah flowers always help... but they die, and who wants to give something thats gonna die, id rather get the ladies with the class and sophistication of picking her up in my car... maybe with some flowers in the front seat for a double threat!

(btw i was referring about the vent gauge for the ladies, but the light couldnt hurt, FTW! )

and how can a led be 'non removable?" what if it goes bad or something im surprised that its not at all possible to figure that out. ill try a search i guess (but i hate having to type in those stupid characters that are all scribbled up and crooked and miscolored AH!)

thanks again tho

Old 09-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Site Moderator

The life of an LED bulb should outlast the car. I think they are hard wired into the circuit board which is why I say non removeable, but I could be wrong about that. If they were swapable, you'd probably see people doing it and be able to find posts about it.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
2nd Gear

i suggest the AWE vent boost gauge from awe-tuning.com.. and the forge 007 is what i have and its excellent.. can hear the woosh with my intake even just on stock PSI.. no chip.. but only on the inside of the car.. and thats with no music on.. otherwise you cant hear it.. but it will be more audible when you are chipped and pushing more boost.. the AWE vent boost gauge replaces one of the vents in the center and looks the most stock as any of them in my opinion.. lights up white with a red needle for your year car..

Last edited by osin34; 09-24-2008 at 08:28 PM.