B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

dulpicolor??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Default dulpicolor??

does anyone have any experience with the wheel coating from dulpicolor or any product from them at all? i want to paint my hp evos black but i dont have the money to get a new set. just curious if this is even worht dfoing. thanks eveyerone

Old 03-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Administrator

I've used the Duplicolor for couple liittle exterior things. They have one particular silver that matches the Audi silver (at least for facelift silvers).

I haven't had problem eversince I put sprayed them on a year ago. However, I had to repaint it once because I didn't do proper cleaning/sand down since the paint peeled off in a week (probably still dusty). I repainted and did a proper cleaning and the paint still looks great until today.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:32 PM
5th Gear

duplicolor is a very good brand of paint. go with them, i'm doing the same thing to the exact same wheels lol. great minds think alike

Old 03-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Site Moderator

used them on a set of wheels a while back. worked good, just make sure you prep the wheels good before applying paint, or it will be pointless.

i'd recommend sand blasting them first (obviously making sure the lips arent blasted)

Old 03-06-2009, 09:20 AM

hi words. when do you plan on doing them? let me know how they turn out cause im not doing mine for another two months. its to cold here in maryland to do them right now. and a4 2./8 tuner. how much do you tyhink it would cost to get them snadblasted. that is what i was thinking of dooing. and why not get the lip blasted? i want the entire rim black. thanks for the input!

Old 03-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by holdin16
hi words. when do you plan on doing them? let me know how they turn out cause im not doing mine for another two months. its to cold here in maryland to do them right now. and a4 2./8 tuner. how much do you tyhink it would cost to get them snadblasted. that is what i was thinking of dooing. and why not get the lip blasted? i want the entire rim black. thanks for the input!
i'm not sure what it would cost to get them blasted. i'd look around on craigslist, as there are usually people on there who can do it.

and i just assumed you wanted to keep the lip the same as it is now, thats why i recommended not blasting it, but if you wanna paint it, then blast it.