B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Dope

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Dope

yeah, i know they've been available for a while now...just still kinda sucks because it defeats the original point behind it all, thats all i'm saying i guess.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: a4_2.8tuner

yeah, i know they've been available for a while now...just still kinda sucks because it defeats the original point behind it all, thats all i'm saying i guess.
but isn't that an rs4 grille on your car?

those were made for a select few cars, not ever a4 out on the market, also

Old 02-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

you're missing the point

Old 02-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Site Moderator

obviously its your car, buy the decal if ya want...just stating my opinion, dont let me stop ya[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-14-2008, 03:43 PM
6th Gear

Like he said the point behind the sticker is to designate a cleanly "dope" midified car, it isn't something you should just slap on a stock Audi because you bought the four rings. I completly agree with the "dope" mentality and as I said will get one when my car is worthy of one.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: CAB509

Like he said the point behind the sticker is to designate a cleanly "dope" midified car, it isn't something you should just slap on a stock Audi because you bought the four rings. I completly agree with the "dope" mentality and as I said will get one when my car is worthy of one.
thank you for understanding what i was trying to get across haha

Old 02-14-2008, 03:51 PM
5th Gear

anyone remember that b6 that had the rear rings in the trunk light up when he hit the brake? well one of my ideas for the car (i have so many lol i wish i was rich) is instead of carving the rings into the trunk, im gona carve dope into it how it is in the sticker. i think that would be truly dope. (and of course its gona be a cf euro trunk)

Old 02-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Guru

you're missing the point
i understand your point.......but you gotta understand mine too......you say a car has to be worthy of something to wear it..........is a 2.8 worthy of wearing an s4 anything muchless an rs4 something?

now granted my 1.8 has rs4 wheels and an rs4 grille, but i am not bashing someone or anyone cause their car(s) aren't cool enough to have a sticker on it

Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Site Moderator

iunderstand your point.......but you gotta understand mine too......you say a car has to be worthy of something to wear it..........is a 2.8 worthy of wearing an s4 anything muchless an rs4 something?

now granted my 1.8 has rs4 wheels and an rs4 grille, but i am not bashing someone or anyone cause their car(s) aren't cool enough to have a sticker on it
inever once bashed anyone saying that their carwas or wasntworthy of doing something. obviously every person has the rightto do whatever they want to their car.i was simply stating that the original idea behind the decal was for cars with a large variety of mods. they were originally an "exclusive" type of thing, and obviously they became very popular once they were made available to the rest of the community, which is why the original designers quit making them...

to reiterate my point, i do not believe you have to mod your car up to MY standards or anyone elses, because you should do it for yourself, its your car, and everyone has different tastes.I just feel that the original idea of the DOPE decal has been forgotten.

i do, however, believe that you should have SOME type of mods in order to classify your car as "DOPE", because that is what it was originated from.

that is all i am trying to say.

again, do what you want to your car, i am not saying anyone is wrong or right here, just stating my opinion.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:19 PM

i understand your point.......but you gotta understand mine too......you say a car has to be worthy of something to wear it..........is a 2.8 worthy of wearing an s4 anything muchless an rs4 something?

Perhaps you're missing the sociological imagery here; RS4 grilles were never something exclusive to badass cars, whereas the legacy of the dope stickers precedes the notion that it's just a sticker that anybody can slap on. RS4 grilles look nice, but you could buy them anywhere, and a lot of people had them. The dope stickers, on the other hand, weren't as public. So when he's saying that your car has to be "worthy" of it, I do believe it's justified.

So, your comparison of an RS4 grille to a dope sticker is merely cosmetic, and irrelevent of anything beyond looks. I think his point stands strong.

Quick Reply: Dope