B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Do you know about a 5th diverter valve and disconnected vacuum hose? (With Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 07:11 PM
2nd Gear

Well, I must be slow then, but I do know that when someone needs help that I can give, I don't mind having to explain further.

For example: Had I been in your position in this case, I would've simply combined all of your three posts into one thorough response, seeing as how it would be quick and easy for me to do.

I've never thrown a fit, even when I've had to spoon feed someone something I know about and they don't.....and I've been a member of many forums, for many years. I just don't believe in being a ***** to someone who needs help. Even if I have to spell it out for them......because I'm helping them understand their issue. I don't just throw part numbers at them.

I know kindness and tolerance are hard for some people to exercise from behind their keyboards, so I won't take offense to your demeaning rant. I'll just thank you for your help (like I already have) and you and metalman can go back to your online gaming, or high-fiving, or whatever the hell it is that caused him to "have your six" so quickly. lol

Thanks again: Sincerely

Old 06-17-2014, 08:09 PM
2nd Gear

If you asked for clarification on something specific, then I'd help you no problem. Instead you completely glossed over every single word I said and began randomly speculating. I know for a fact that you didn't google the part number I gave you. If you did you'd be able to put 2 and 2 together and figure it out for yourself. You'd see there's a vacant vacuum nipple, you know there's a disconnected vacuum line, that disconnected vacuum line even has the remainder of that vacuum nipple stuck inside it. It even shows where that hose connects in the diagram.

You gotta think for yourself, don't let other people think for you. This is why I'm against spoon-feeding people information that's either widely available or easy to figure out. Give a man a fish, teach him to fish, you know how it goes.

Also notice how I'm not throwing personal insults, nor am I throwing a fit. You're the one calling me a *****, immature and a diva before telling me to never help you again. And don't forget the time you said I have a sandy vagina, real mature there buddy...

Funny thing is I ran into this exact problem a few months ago when i was redoing my vacuum lines to OEM spec. All it took was one look at the vacuum diagram and a visit to partsbase.com and I knew exactly what I was up against.

Anyway, I'm done bickering, had my share for the day.

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, there's no conspiracy between me and MetalMan. I wasn't joking when I said internet stranger.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:55 PM
2nd Gear

Fair enough. Let's drop it then.

My problem was that I was too focused on the fact that that particular vacuum hose already had a valve on it and the guy I bought my valves from said that my car only used 4 valves - I hooked up 4 valves - correctly, so when this fifth valve showed up, I was too focused on it.

**** happens and I don't care how smart and resourceful anyone is, we all have these moments where we need some hand holding. I'm an engineer. I should've figured this out myself, I shouldn't have even needed to post up, let alone need 3 responses, but I got hung up on the wrong detail, just like we all do sometimes.

If you had to spoon feed me **** all the time, that would be understandably frustrating, but that's not the case, so there's really no need to respond in any manner other than helpful and polite.........assuming you're trying to help people.

Agreed?

Old 06-17-2014, 09:11 PM
2nd Gear

Fair enough, it's just the fact that you got hung up on that 5th check valve thing that got me frustrated. From my POV, I was trying to help and you were having none of it. One of the most important thing I've learned about fixing cars (well anything really) is to keep an open mind, once you get your mind set on something you're basically running around with blinders on and twisting every piece of evidence and advice to suit your belief. I used to do it all the time, hell I still do but I'm getting better about it.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:46 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah, I just couldn't have imagined that short *** hose having two valves within a few inches apart from each other. It certainly explains my "incorrect flow" problem.

I really do appreciate your help! I just have a bad habit of lashing out at people who aren't as tolerant as I am at being helpful.

Thanks again!