B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Decided to go BT .... t3s60 vs gt28r vs gt28rs

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Decided to go BT .... t3s60 vs gt28r vs gt28rs

ORIGINAL: 400HPA4

Here ismy 71R Eliminator Dyno Sheet

You do realize that thehp is dropping off badly starting at ~5500rpms and a normal gt2871r will hold that power till ~7k right? You have about 250whp where a .64 will have right around 300whp. I can see that they are improved, mainly due to the tuning, but with an equal tune, the elim just isnt a as nice as a full garrett. I admit the stealth look it great, but personally, i would rather have the extra whp at and above 6.5k. BTW, the tq differnce is the same also.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:17 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

You do realize that thehp is dropping off badly starting at ~5500rpms and a normal gt2871r will hold that power till ~7k right? You have about 250whp where a .64 will have right around 300whp. I can see that they are improved, mainly due to the tuning, but with an equal tune, the elim just isnt a as nice as a full garrett. I admit the stealth look it great, but personally, i would rather have the extra whp at and above 6.5k. BTW, the tq differnce is the same also.
His car pulls hard to 7k, believe me I have driven it enough times to know that his power on the elim is NOT dropping like a rock at 5500 rpm. Not sure why it shows that on his dyno but that is most likely because of the dyno itself.

Greg has had both the Elim and the "real" GT28rs, both setupspulled exactly the same to 7k rpm.

Now why would you want a GT2871 when you can just have one of these.

This is the setup I sell the most of.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm make believe

Pics not working atm, but i prefer to have afull garrettwith a manifold that flows better than a atp log so it doesnt fire against each other. Honestly, i would rather go with a turbo thats wheels and housings were designed to work together than made to fit a car.

Im really not trying to fight with you mike, just get more answers on the elims in general since the longitudes work and the transverse suck *****.

Pic now working. that is a MUCH better setup and well worth the money. Looks like a gt3076r with antisurge cover. Not a fan of the polish look, but a great setup for the 1.8t looking to make good power.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:46 PM
4th Gear

Pics not working atm, but i prefer to have afull garrettwith a manifold that flows better than a atp log so it doesnt fire against each other. Honestly, i would rather go with a turbo thats wheels and housings were designed to work together than made to fit a car.

Im really not trying to fight with you mike, just get more answers on the elims in general since the longitudes work and the transverse suck *****.

Pic now working. that is a MUCH better setup and well worth the money. Looks like a gt3076r with antisurge cover. Not a fan of the polish look, but a great setup for the 1.8t looking to make good power.

Yeah I amnot all that into the polished housing look, but my customers tend to be and the picture is of a setup that a customer ordered from me. For $70 thats one great polish job on that housing though.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm make believe

Who makes the manifold? Im personally leaning more towards the 3082 .63 on a full race setup since it will get me 20+psi close to 4k with my 2.0 and i dont plan on revving past 8k so the 35r's turbine wheel makes it not worth it for me. Plus the 35r is a little past my wants. Not to mention on a lighter car, i dont need to extra power.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
4th Gear

Who makes the manifold? Im personally leaning more towards the 3082 .63 on a full race setup since it will get me 20+psi close to 4k with my 2.0 and i dont plan on revving past 8k so the 35r's turbine wheel makes it not worth it for me. Plus the 35r is a little past my wants. Not to mention on a lighter car, i dont need to extra power.
Full-race manifold.If your looking for a full-race setup please let me know because I can give you a great price.
Here is a link to the Full-Race package I offer for the Longitude 1.8t, I can put together a package setup for the transvers if you are interested.

http://shop.dthaus.com/product.sc?ca...p;productId=61

Why the 3082? I have asked the owner of Full-race about that turbo a few times and he always tells me that I am better off sticking with the 3076. He says it looks great on paper but doesn't work as well. But if you really want the 3082 I can get a price for you.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm make believe

The evo people love them, well the 3065 (3082 with mitsu housing) and claim its got faster spool up and has the same power up to 30psi on the 4g63 vs a 35r. There is a person running a .63 and gets 18psi by 4200rpms with a stock disp engine. So with the same housing i should be right around 4k with a tube man. Dont mind the little extra lag for theextra top end power. Plus i dont really plan on running more than mid to high 20's on it with meth so no need to higher.

There is so many mixed reviews on this turbo, but i think i will atleast like to try it since it should fit my needs the best. The 76r and 35r are still in consideration also. Even the s258 is in there also.

If you can send me a price on that setup, i would appreciate it, but it wont be awhile before i can order it. Thanks Mike.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

Actually the power does not drop off a bit...just how this dyno was programmed, my car pulls right up to 7,000 RPMs then the power drops off completely (programming).

This Mustang dyno had a 100MPH cutoff and the first two runs were aborted from it (already heat soaked but still put down the numbers), the dyno operator had to throttle back a little to keep the speed down.

Here is another Elimintator dyno from a car running the exact same tune on a different Mustang. I have run both setups and if the Eliminator was not better, I would not have posted it. This comes from my personal experience. Other tuners may have different results (from other tuners)but I have been personally involved in tuning many of these setups.

Name:  GTRS.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  59.8 KB

Old 04-04-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm make believe

Thats much better, but that one has a problem with tq beinga littlelow. Now can youfind a B5 running this well?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:23 PM
4th Gear

The evo people love them, well the 3065 (3082 with mitsu housing) and claim its got faster spool up and has the same power up to 30psi on the 4g63 vs a 35r. There is a person running a .63 and gets 18psi by 4200rpms with a stock disp engine. So with the same housing i should be right around 4k with a tube man. Dont mind the little extra lag for theextra top end power. Plus i dont really plan on running more than mid to high 20's on it with meth so no need to higher.

There is so many mixed reviews on this turbo, but i think i will atleast like to try it since it should fit my needs the best. The 76r and 35r are still in consideration also. Even the s258 is in there also.

If you can send me a price on that setup, i would appreciate it, but it wont be awhile before i can order it. Thanks Mike.

I know plenty of Evo guys and even know a few of the shops. Most of them all seem to run the GT35r on their cars.

Yeah I will send yousome prices on the setups.

Quick Reply: Decided to go BT .... t3s60 vs gt28r vs gt28rs