B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

DDM & HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM
2nd Gear

They put on their website that their last shipment was held up by customs. And if that's the case, that can wreck havoc, because Customs can seize your crap and hold it for as long as they want.

Being a business owner myself, I can only imagine a nightmare it would be if I had 50,000 dollars worth of product being held up by customs for say two weeks. And I doubt customs would even move that fast, this is the US government we're talking about.

I can also understand why they wouldn't just place another order. But they have clearly handled the problem wrongly.

I would of notified customers of the delay, offered refunds on shipping if the customer wished to keep their order once the problem was resolved. Not just leave people in the dark.

When you do that, you get all the folks that are bitching now. And bitching customers are a lot louder than the ones who recommend you.

I dunno but I figured out awhile ago, when you fix a problem the customer has that results in more business than ignoring the customer.

Last edited by mikekey; 04-28-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:30 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by x2nervisx
I ordered a set of HID's from them a few weeks ago and I got mine shipped to me in less than a week.
Good to hear!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:10 PM
2nd Gear

Well according to their website and the little tracking numbers they've put up, my order should be or is being shipped out today. Granted I haven't gotten squat email from them other than my order being processed.

However, they are PST and I'm EST so that might make a difference. But I was order number 80337 and on their site is says Tuesday 1st Shift Order #'s 79551 - 80370

So if I don't receive it within let's say 10 business days at the most, then they are full of **** and I'm doing a charge back. And based on those numbers they didn't package anything over the weekend. What a bunch of lazy asses. I would of had my guys their double time on Saturday and Sunday so I could ship things out Mon morning.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear
Question

BTW When I was upstate for the Central Meet I finally had recieved my package. Shortly after (2days after getting my package) I got an email apologizing for the inconvenience and had a shipping number ....

Old 05-06-2010, 06:18 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by briesa4
BTW When I was upstate for the Central Meet I finally had recieved my package. Shortly after (2days after getting my package) I got an email apologizing for the inconvenience and had a shipping number ....
According to the site, my crap was mailed out either this Tuesday or Wednesday, but the hell if I've gotten an email about it. I don't know if it's coming FedEx or UPS, I'm going to assume it's coming the cheapest slowest method. If it's coming at all. If it don't arrive by Friday the 14th I'm calling my CC company, and doing a charge back.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:10 PM
2nd Gear

good bc ddm wont answer its rediculous i just ordered a set for my exs jeep from a dif site if it arrives and is what its said to be i will be putting up the site shortly

Old 05-06-2010, 10:56 PM
1st Gear

This seems like a good deal so I might go with an order as well. Not to into HIDS yet so what wattage do I go with and what size bulb? Ha im kinda a newb. And will the slim fit my 200? Im pretty sure due to the facelift but just checking quick

Old 05-06-2010, 11:53 PM
2nd Gear

I'm getting them mostly to help with night time travel, I drive a lot and wear glasses. So looks plus safety for me.

35W is what most people get, the regulars will actually fit, but I got the slims so I know they will surely fit. Also I bought 5000K temp bulbs. Our cars both the headlamps and fog lamps run H7 bulbs.

BTW, if you go 55w, they will melt the fog light housing.

Picturial

Old 05-06-2010, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah my vvme kit is starting to **** me off, so I also wanted to get a set of these. Any opinions on the slim kit vs the regular kit they sell. Im also curious about what wattage, i think my vvme's were 35, and without auto-leveling on my one pieces maybe I should stay that way (i also dont know about they heat). To answer the above question though i think the low beams are H7's.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:17 AM
3rd Gear

i run 55w 4500k in my low beams with zero issues. Def use 35w in your fogs if you're doing those too.

Quick Reply: DDM & HIDs