B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

DDM & HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default DDM & HIDs

Don't know if any of you know, but DDM Tuning is having a sale on their slim ballast right now. I just decided today to grab the ecodes I've been eyeballing for awhile along with upgrading to HIDs.

Little warning, their site is labeled with how slow a crap they are in shipping things.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:35 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah I've been waiting to order from them for a few weeks, but as of recent I've heard their shipping is taking forever so I still havent placed my order.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear

Check it out man, this is why I haven't ordered yet:

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=149156

Old 04-27-2010, 08:56 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah I already knew and read that going into it, but they admit that their shipping is slow as crap on their website right now do to high volume of sales.

A lot of the online tuning suppliers are small *** outfits. I recall when it finally came to light that gmpartsdirect.com is nothing more than some dealerships parts dept with 4 guys working it. As they got more and more popular, this shipping and response time got worse and worse.

Anyways, I used my company card, so if it takes longer than 3 weeks I'll do a charge back.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mikekey

Little warning, their site is labeled with how slow a crap they are in shipping things.
I'd love to know what kind of half-*** shop they're runnin. Do they actually stock the inventory or do they just place a drop-ship order with the manufacturer. Seems that most people here wait damn near forever to get their kits and have virtually no recourse via talking to or hearing back from DDM.

If they're so bad that they need a disclaimer about shipping times measured in weeks or months, and they are conveniently never f*cking available to take a customer service call or email, but always ready and willing to accept payment, then they appear to have a fundamental flaw in their business model. If you order from them, it seems this is a classic case of Buyer Beware. Go ahead, but if I were still in the market for HIDs, from what i've read on here they'd be the last crew I'd ever order from.

/rant

Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 PM
2nd Gear

Well as until recently everyone said they where great. I do web development, and I've seen small operations get over run by too many orders when they grow. How they handle it however determines weather or not they stay in business.

With most people turning to the internet 90% of the time for their info, they aren't doing a good job.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:29 PM
2nd Gear

Well, all we can say is good luck, and let me know how it turns out. I would like to order from them, but I'm not going to deal with any half-assed company.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM
1st Gear

I ordered a set of HID's from them a few weeks ago and I got mine shipped to me in less than a week.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:27 AM
3rd Gear

Mine came in really fast too, but they were selling the kits for double what they are now

Old 04-28-2010, 03:34 PM
1st Gear

I ordered 2 sets about a year ago and they came in a usual amount of time. I ordered a set of replacement bulbs ($15, cant beat that) in October and shipping took about a week extra. My buddy just ordered a set and its been a couple weeks so my guess is that they've been progressively getting more and more orders as they've become more well known and just cant handle all the orders.

A year ago, not many knew about DDM (orig. popular with BMW guys, that's how I heard about them) and everyone bought VVME kits. Now everyone talks about DDM.

Quick Reply: DDM & HIDs