B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

DDM 55w or 35w?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 11:24 AM
1st Gear

How does the vvme kit compare to the ddm kit. Are they both plug and play? Ive heard shipping from DDm is kinda slow thats why im wondering.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

Are there any relay wiring harness required for installation. I want to make sure I purchase everything at once so Im not waiting to do the install.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:51 AM
1st Gear

I have 35w 5000k which is is a nice white blue. stock is 4300K

heres a vid of my lights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSURoHkXKrY

I have a cheap $30 kit from ebay though.. wonder how long it will last, but it's been fine since i got it last fall.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:54 PM
4th Gear

I got everything I needed from VVME all in one box, but it was shipped DHL from CHINA. It took about a week to get to my house, but it was literally plug and play (other than modifying the back cover of the housing to pass the wiring through). I've heard a lot of great things about DDM as well, so ultimately, it's up to you. I think you'll be please with either. I believe the DDM costs slightly less.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:01 PM
2nd Gear

VVME has terrible customer service, and no return policy. I had a balast fail from VVME and had to buy another, then another balast started having problems, so I just ordered the full kit from VVME. Ive used both kits now, and I currently like DDM alot better. The VVME bulbs also made my radio act screwy when I first turbed them on, and the DDM ones dont.

Other than the size, I heard the difference between the normal and slim balasts is that one kit is "digital" and the other is "analog". I think all it really means is the slim balast uses some sort of logic behind firing the bulb up and the old ones dont..

Old 06-08-2010, 09:05 PM
1st Gear

I got my ddmtuning 55w slim ballast kit in about a week and half. Not too bad shipping from cali to oh. Installed them and worked beautifully. Day two flip the lights on and only one hid fired completely. little irritated. Turned the car off and then went for a ride little later to check em out and its back on again. Only one hid does it. Has happened a few times. I read something on DDMs page about maybe bumping up the fuse 5amps. Wondered if anyone has had this issue or not and what the problem was. Please help me with this.