B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

crazy understeer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

i was wondering why someone would want to drift their awd audi but then i saw it is a 17 yr old kid driving it....i still wonder how kids get these cars and do dumb **** like that to them

Old 07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

Originally Posted by jjcrt2
i was wondering why someone would want to drift their awd audi but then i saw it is a 17 yr old kid driving it....i still wonder how kids get these cars and do dumb **** like that to them
And hes proud to advertise that fact!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:51 PM
2nd Gear

pwned

Attached Thumbnails crazy understeer?-p5293467.jpg   crazy understeer?-p5293466.jpg  

Last edited by morpheous; 07-06-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:00 PM

Do dumb **** like what? Getting them to drive faster around corners? Oh, heaven forbid!

And yes, it's understeer. It definitely doesn't "stick to the pavement" at all. You turn and you keep going straight ahead.

jjcrt2, who the heck said I wanted to drift my Audi? Lmfao. I just want to Autox and get in and out of corners as fast as possible.

I worked for a year and a half to afford this car, and I've also done all the maintenance myself. (timing belt, front bumper replaced [was dented/scratched when i bought it], etc etc.)

Thanks for the insults, ********,
peep

Old 07-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Glad I wasn't the one to say it I've been getting to many "No need to be an ******* cuz I do what I want" e-mail from 13 year olds that mommy and daddy bought them these cars... I wish the value didn't go down with age due to these are awesome cars and stupid people get ahold of them... Like the 16 that had the S4 and posted a video of him trying to blow up the motor.... For gods sake the best part of him ran down his mommas *** crack and ended up as a stain on the sheets...

Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
Glad I wasn't the one to say it I've been getting to many "No need to be an ******* cuz I do what I want" e-mail from 13 year olds that mommy and daddy bought them these cars... I wish the value didn't go down with age due to these are awesome cars and stupid people get ahold of them... Like the 16 that had the S4 and posted a video of him trying to blow up the motor.... For gods sake the best part of him ran down his mommas *** crack and ended up as a stain on the sheets...
-_-

Not to start a flame war, but my parents did NOT buy me this car, like I've said twice already.

You ignorant tards need to actually READ before posting.

I'm not trying to drift my ******* a4. If I wanted to drift, I'd buy a 240.

My parent's didn't buy me this car. I have a job and pay for everything myself. I don't come from a wealthy family at all.

Just because I want my A4 to have better traction around corners and not understeer, it instantly makes me a rich snobby kid trying to drift an audi his parents bought for him.

I actually think I wrote this in the first post but incase you oldies need reading glasses, I'll post it again.

I'M NOT TRYING TO DRIFT. I'M TRYING TO AUTOCROSS.

Way to insult a 17 year old kid on the interwebz, guys. Bravo.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

Originally Posted by peep
Way to insult a 17 year old kid on the interwebz, guys. Bravo.
Way to not wear your flame suit, this is the internet. Are you new round these parts?

/troll.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Guru

i was in an old abandoned parking lot and i was trying to get my car sideways. i couldn't do it to save my life.
abandoned or not this is a dumb *** move.... you sound young and if your car gets crazy you will wreck.... and no one will know... you might die.... and getting your car sideways is drifting

i tried swinging one way, then steering the other to try to get the back end loose, then gassing it, but that didn't work at all.
this is how you drift.... using auto-x as an excuse is all it is an excuse

would it hurt our car if i hit the e-brake around corners?
this is what drifters do

if it wouldn't damage it, it would be a good way to get it sideways at autox events and such.
do you really need to get "sideways" for auto-xing?

ok, i just did my turbo upgrade recently and i was trying to do dry pavement do-nuts.... and quattro makes things alot harder to do.... a 30v v6 probably won't drift without a s/c or alot of moding being done.....

Old 07-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Slut

Lol this poor kid.
Tighten up the rear and loosen up the front, do the washer mod to your diff, and under extreme cases, remount your motor a couple inches back (way easier said then done).
I'm all for autoxing your car and def all for gettin squirrely in empty lots. I'll prolly get flamed for this too but **** these other guys lol its your car.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Lol this poor kid.
Tighten up the rear and loosen up the front, do the washer mod to your diff, and under extreme cases, remount your motor a couple inches back (way easier said then done).
I'm all for autoxing your car and def all for gettin squirrely in empty lots. I'll prolly get flamed for this too but **** these other guys lol its your car.
Thank you. Finally someone who has some knowledge and isn't just posting to flame.

I don't necessarily want it to be completely sideways, i just don't want understeer. I've driven an Evo and their AWD system is perfect for me. When I hit a corner in that, the back slides out just a hair so you can have time to correct it. But the way my car is right now, it seriously feels like a straight up FWD car. If I'm going through a corner and I'm on the gas, it goes straight ahead.

I'll try that and what others have posted. Thanks.

Quick Reply: crazy understeer?