B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Coil Over Kit....opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Coil Over Kit....opinions

Havent heard much about Nuespeed though.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:23 PM
6th Gear

they're a good company, a few guys on here swear by them, and I looked into them but decided if I'm gonna do suspension, I'm gonna get Coils

Old 04-23-2008, 11:25 PM
1st Gear

Ok, well thank you for all your help.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:29 PM
2nd Gear

WHAT IS THAT AVANT RUNNING TELL ME NOW I WANT!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:45 PM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: 01AudiA4

WHAT IS THAT AVANT RUNNING TELL ME NOW I WANT!
FK's baby, and thats why I changed my mind. I'm pretty sure he's running Konigsports which are a little pricey for me right now, but I'll probably get the regular ones in stainless and be happy as a can be, after I roll my fenders

Old 04-24-2008, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

Quick question...

Why are coilovers different for quatto, and FWD... I know the answer is probably obvious, but I can't see it...

Old 04-24-2008, 12:32 AM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: Texas_Pete

Quick question...

Why are coilovers different for quatto, and FWD... I know the answer is probably obvious, but I can't see it...

it has to do with the design in the back, with quattro they have two more axles to go around then on a FWD car, so they attach in different locations

Old 04-24-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

Maybe then you might be interested in some either H&R or Neusped Sport springs, they will drop you like 1.5in, and tighten the car up a decent amount but still give you the ability to get over speed bumps and thrugh high snowbanks from all that lake effect. Also then the Eibach it might do it for you too, but Eibach is supposed to be softer than H&R and Neuspeed. From what I've heard it goes (stiffest-softest) H&R>NeuSpeed>eibach.

Also there is Vogtland and tien which probably make springs that would suit you.

After that I'd say you might want springs over C/O if you are just looking for a little tighter, but still retaining a good amount of comfort and ride height.
I've been reading this post b/c I'm pretty much in the same spot as a4b5guy having to replace my suspension (seems like just front though), but I have similar preferences and don't really want to lose any significant level of comfort from what I already have. I am in love with my current suspension (stock sport suspension on a 30v Quattro) and don't find that it ever 'bottoms out', however I do not think I can appreciate much less ride comfort than this...I already wich it was a bit smoother.
Am I correct in interpreting that springs will typically provide better comfort than C/Os and still provide a noticeable drop that won't make the car look ridiculous with 17-18 in rims on? I too do not want anything too low, for the same reasons stated above but I don't want the wheel well looking akward with a larger rim set.
Will the springs be any different than the stick sport set up?
My current understanding is that stiffer=better performance;softer-better comfort...I am content with the stock sport set up but just want the car to sit a little lower....what are my best options??
Anyone else with these springs and/or c/os care to weigh in on recommendations or reviews and comparisons...

Old 04-24-2008, 11:39 PM
1st Gear

is the stock sport suspension any lower to the ground than the non-sport one?

Old 04-25-2008, 09:38 AM
6th Gear

yes, the stock sport suspension is lower to the ground than the non-sport suspension

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...wering+springs
that has how much your car will be dropped approx. from sport suspension height.

and yes you are correct, stiffer springs = less body roll= les spring travel=harsher ride. Softer springs= more body roll = more travel = smoother ride.

I'd also recommend a set of sport springs for you if you want a little drop, or just replace the stock sport-suspension.

Quick Reply: Coil Over Kit....opinions