B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

clutch finally went out today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:29 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by love the booB5
I think it's too late for any of that now. I called the guy at ABD Racing earlier and told him to order the kit for me. I need my car back ASAP. Since this all happened, I've wanted to hop into it to take off for a drive and a smoke, to buy food, to go on a beer run, to cruise to a buddy's house, for another drive and a smoke, and every time I've caught myself just as I'm about to leave... and I'm disappointed all over again.

that is the worst feeling on the plante. i with you on this one, when i was puttin the new motor in the car there were tons of times i went to go out, then realized i have no car. i also use my car as 'stress release' sometimes when i just need to get away from ****, but when your car is causing the stress it really sucks.

just stick it out man youll be happy in the end. just try and bum rides for a week.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:56 PM
1st Gear

How much is a stock clutch replacement? Mine feels kind of funny, too. The fourth gear feels like it slipping (or shaking) when I shift and accelerate fast. All other gears are fine. Or could that be the fuel filter? (Not sure at all )
I believe it's the first clutch at 155k miles.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by 01afour
that is the worst feeling on the plante. i with you on this one, when i was puttin the new motor in the car there were tons of times i went to go out, then realized i have no car. i also use my car as 'stress release' sometimes when i just need to get away from ****, but when your car is causing the stress it really sucks.

just stick it out man youll be happy in the end. just try and bum rides for a week.
I know I'll be happy with it when it's done, but it's pretty damn frustrating right now. I'm really eager to see how much of a difference this lwfw makes too.

Does anyone know of a shop I can get this installed at for under 6 bills? ABD is looking at around 600 for the install.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:06 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by ricoxxx
How much is a stock clutch replacement? Mine feels kind of funny, too. The fourth gear feels like it slipping (or shaking) when I shift and accelerate fast. All other gears are fine. Or could that be the fuel filter? (Not sure at all )
I believe it's the first clutch at 155k miles.
Are you trying to usurp my thread topic?? Go start your own thread goddamnit.

In all seriousness, you'll get better responses and faster response time if you start your own thread on this issue.

To answer your questions (kind of) in the meantime, I think stock clutches should go for 300-400 and install is probably going to run you about 400-500. I'm def estimating both of those based on the numbers I've gotten in the past few days, btw, so don't quote me on any of that.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

Thanks.
Your thread is related to clutches, so why not ask that question... jeeez

Old 09-14-2008, 04:35 PM
5th Gear

quattro clutch usually costs ~700. it is rated for 10 hours of work, but can easily be done in 3-4. so depending on how much of a douchebag your mechanic is it can range from 400 to over a grand. mine was 600

Old 09-14-2008, 08:50 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by ricoxxx
Thanks.
Your thread is related to clutches, so why not ask that question... jeeez
I was joking dude. I'm just saying that you can get better responses in a new thread.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:05 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by love the booB5
yeah it looks like I could have gotten a stage 3 kit from you for the same price as the stage 2 I ordered yesterday. I'll keep you in mind if I need further upgrades though.

I've only ordered the parts. I still need someone to install all of this. I know I could do it, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of disconnecting the driveshaft, completely removing the tranny, and then screwing with the install. what shops did you have in mind? ABD is looking to charge me about 600 for the install. if you know a place that can beat that, let me know. thanks man.
What I thought you said it was $1500 out the door which included the install?

I can call up my friends at Tuning Technologies which is a EVO shop but it shouldn't be a problem for those guys to do a clutch install on an audi.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 AM
SoCal Crew Member

yeah they originally quoted me at 1500 with the install but I've only ordered parts right now. there's no obligation for me to have them do the install. we're going to cross that bridge when we get there I guess.

if you could call your buddies and ask them how much they'd be looking for to do the install for me, I'd appreciate it. I'm interested to see what they say. to be honest, I'm a bit more comfortable with ABD doing it just because they have a lot of experience working on B5 A4's, but I can't pass up a good deal though. thanks for looking into this man.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:10 PM

if your planning on going BT later, don't you want more then a stage 2? like a stage 4

Quick Reply: clutch finally went out today...