B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

chip question not a normal question

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear
Default chip question not a normal question

Ihave a mystery chip, and i have emailed giac,apr,revo,unitronic and none of them have any info on my car or ecu having their chip i also tried dahlback but i can't read german.

on my ecu there is no markings or achip inside. i run 18psi of boost, with good middle to high range power, and my car seems to like the bosch fd6dtc spark plugs over the ngk bkr7e or the bkr6e.

i bought the car used from pittsburg and the guy i bought it from doesn't know what chip it is i think what went on is that the former owener traded the stock ecu for a chipped ecu.

my question is is there a chip that is programmed to run the fd6dtc plugs and is there any way i can tell what chip i have that i have not already tried??

Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Default RE: chip question not a normal question

I don't think that anyone tunes according to sparkplugs....

weird stuff

Old 05-20-2008, 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: kraylon

Ihave a mystery chip, and i have emailed giac,apr,revo,unitronic and none of them have any info on my car or ecu having their chip i also tried dahlback but i can't read german.

on my ecu there is no markings or achip inside. i run 18psi of boost, with good middle to high range power, and my car seems to like the bosch fd6dtc spark plugs over the ngk bkr7e or the bkr6e.

i bought the car used from pittsburg and the guy i bought it from doesn't know what chip it is i think what went on is that the former owener traded the stock ecu for a chipped ecu.

my question is is there a chip that is programmed to run the fd6dtc plugs and is there any way i can tell what chip i have that i have not already tried??
You're not from Pittsburgh are you? I can tell by how you spelled it without the H on the end. There is an Audi/VW shop outside of Pittsburgh that chips. (They use APR) That's the only one I know of in the area that deal specifically with Audi and chips. If you want their info to maybe ask them, let me know.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:59 PM
2nd Gear

Usually the ECU or the chip inside of it has a sticker for the tuning company.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:16 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: kraylon

Old 05-20-2008, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear

I won high jump in special olympics.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:40 AM
2nd Gear

I don't think that anyone tunes according to sparkplugs
I didn't think they did but there has to be some way to elimate chips with the info i have given.

You're not from Pittsburgh are you? I can tell by how you spelled it without the H on the end. There is an Audi/VW shop outside of Pittsburgh that chips. (They use APR) That's the only one I know of in the area that deal specifically with Audi and chips. If you want their info to maybe ask them, let me know
that info would be great maybe i can call them and they might have so info on it.

i forgot to mention that the car had a 5 bar fuel pressure regulatoralong withstock injectors. I also have a thought that the car was de-tuned before i bought it and returned to stock in some areas.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:14 PM

Next Level Performance Tuning
305 Beaver Street
Greensburg , PA 15601

www.nltuning.com

Its worth a shot to try...

Old 05-22-2008, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

Dahlbäck is from Sweden

Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 AM
2nd Gear

so is there a chip that puts out good mid range power, use a 5 bar fuel pressure regulator and likes bosch fd6dtc plugs

Quick Reply: chip question not a normal question