B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Chicago area help? Majorly spouting engine oil from dipstick

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 06:14 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Chicago area help? Majorly spouting engine oil from dipstick

Background: I basically refuse to throw in the towel on my car. Last year I was in an accident, took the insurance money and counted my eggs before they hatched while I waited for local junkyard replacement parts. Used no interest financing to repair the car and took the opportunity drop a Frankenturbo while I was at it . This car has money put in including timing belt service + chain tensioner, water pump, injector cleaning w/ new hardware+injector seats, fuel filter, H&R Sport Springs+Bilstein Sport Shocks, 007 DV, and etc. (all service was DIY)
`
I'm still about $1,500 in the hole because I refused and refuse to take anything else but AWD at this MPG.

The Damage: During the end break of a traffic jam I did a pull to ~highway speeds and when I let off the vehicle ran rough so I pulled to the shoulder, saw that the intake hose popped off from the throttle body and remedied that. When I went to merge back into traffic, I saw white smoke exhausting. Fortunately, the next exit was close to my brothers house so I cancelled on my plans and babied my way to his house. Upon almost arriving there my check engine light started to flash due to the oil being low but I kept babying it there knowing he'd have the oil I needed. I got there, filled up on oil and we looked into the symptoms, saw some people mention piston rings or PCV valve (PCV and plumbing under intake were replaced about 2 weeks prior). Of course, my stubborn self, drove the car home with the light still flashing which was about a 15 minute drive.

UPDATE: Mechanic saw damage on the piston head.

Last edited by HeyCesar; 04-02-2016 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Updated