B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

car stolen...joy riden then crashed..need advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 PM
1st Gear
Default car stolen...joy riden then crashed..need advice

Hey ill spare the details but my car was stolen and some one must have been driving away like an *** and crashed at the end of my block. i wish i could put pics and i will as soon as i can so dont pester me hahaha

heres the visible damage, which doesnt seem catastrophic...but would def get totalled by insurance

front bumper and cover
radiator and houses
hood
both fenders
power steering resevior

engine still runs..car only has 111000 miles, i drove it back to infront of my house but by then the coolant had all but leaked out so i wont try to start it again

my question...what differences...if any are there between a 1996 2.8 and my 1999 1.8t, as far as the body goes? i could buy a 2.8 with a blown motor for 1200

can i use the fenders hood and bumper...if so, im cool with replacing the other parts new??? i know this is a rant but any advice is appreciated

again i know i need to put up pics but my main question is about the fitment of the body panels and hood from the 96 2.8

Old 12-08-2009, 09:49 PM

sorry to hear about this, from your sig it looks like it was a stock car...

well, personally, I would move on. From the list it sounds like a $5k accident, definitely totaled...

the next questions, was it quattro and was it a 5 speed?

I would honestly take an insurance check and go shopping...good luck

post some pics asap!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:24 PM
1st Gear
Default ahh

it was stock with borla cat back and CAI. it was quattro and 5speed...i have a toyota corolla i can drive while i wait and i love this car so i dont mind trying to fix it and if most of the parts can be had for 1200(parts car) why not...i just need to know if the stuff fits?

Old 12-08-2009, 10:33 PM
cbg

Not to be an ***, but it sounds like you know who wrecked it....if you are able to I would file a claim, car shopping for audis is fun...rather than spend another 1200 + other parts + time to fix - resale value due to the wreck

Old 12-08-2009, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

i never called the cops about it so as of now insurance nor the police have a record of an accident or a theft...if i can help it i dont want them too. but like i said i appreciate all advice as this is my first mishap like this

but wont my rates go sky high....21yrs old, audi, 5000$ insurance claim??

Old 12-08-2009, 11:46 PM
cbg

Might be too late for the cops/insurance now depending on how long ago it was...no your insurance shouldn't be too much more, it is already a lot being 21 with the audi. I'm 23 and my driving record isn't great, my insurance is a little over 100 with only collision and 1000 deductible ;( would be around 200/month with a low deductible. But since yours would not be an 'at fault' accident I do not believe it will go up much (it will go up though..).

Anyway to address your question the body parts from the 2.8 should work for you...there was the facelift for 1999.5 a4's but I don't believe it was any of the parts you need.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 AM
4th Gear

why the **** didnt u call the cops or th insurance? and why did u drive the car after it was "stolen"? u deserve to have your car wrecked imo

Old 12-09-2009, 12:42 AM
1st Gear

okay douche hahaha i dont have the money for tow, and insurance hikes etc. insurance increase for claims and accidents last three years, so im sure ill be paying back that lousy 4500 check they would give me i really rather not have it on my record...because at very worse i can part out the car or sell to a junkyard and make a couple gs

but my question was about the body parts...thank you cbg for being on of the few to address it haha

Old 12-09-2009, 12:49 AM
3rd Gear

Any body part off of any year b5 will fit if that's what you're asking. Phil you're an idiot.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:05 AM
4th Gear

hope ur nxt cr gets wrecked too

Quick Reply: car stolen...joy riden then crashed..need advice