B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

CAN YOU ADJUST A HYDRALIC CLUTCH?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:48 PM
tdn
2nd Gear
Default RE: CAN YOU ADJUST A HYDRALIC CLUTCH?

I edited my post to make it less cluttered.

Yes, THE regional forum!!!

I wouldn't bring my car to anyone who thinks my car is a specialty car. That's basically just telling you, they don't really know **** about Audis. Find a good independant Audi / VW mechanic, there's bound to be one thats near by. Even if there isn't one that close, it would be worth the drive to have someone who knows these cars to work on it, in my opinion. Search THE regional forum!!!

By the way, I'm not from Cali, but $900 sounds about right for a good independant Audi mechanic. I'm sure you could find less expensive places, but $900 sounds to be the average for labor. I've seen regular people offering to do clutches out of their garage for cheaper, a lot with good reputations.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

Ok ok ok... I will look there. I have found one place that i guess that they are really good at working on audis. They are all certified and they are not to far away. They said it would be about 1075.00 to replace the clutch. Does that seem like a resonable price?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

the original post didnt say that it was gradually getting higher and higher... anyways my point is that most cars specially cable clutch dirven cars catch down low. people that are new to audi cars dont understand why these clutches catch so high. my point is that it is normal for our cars to catch much higher then most. obviously if it keeps getting higher then its a problem. original post never sed it was getting higher and higher. i would say to keep driving untill it slips tho. you will def notice when the clutch is giving out and it wont be too late. youll still have time to bring it in or replace it yourself... those are just my 2 cents take it however you want lol

Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

Is the new clutch included in that price? I'm assuming they're going to resurface the flywheel.

If everythings included, sounds like a good deal to me.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

Well they said that it is the entire clutch kit. So i assume that i will be getting a new flywheel.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

I know.... I did not put that in the original posting. Hey man i am just a chick! I know about cars cause i grown up around them. I just dont know about audis that much. They are harder to figure out what is going on.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:05 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

I doubt it. They'll probably resurface it. A new flywheel is often more expensive than the clutch, besides I rarely see a clutch kit with a flywheel included. No worries though, a resurfaced flywheel is fine. So for 1100 for labor and parts.. sounds like a great deal to me, especially if it's a good shop. Take note though, if you plan on any power increases in the future, now is the time to upgrade your clutch.

Source4, you're absolutely right. I guess I jumped the gun on this one.

oh.. and that "i'm just a chick" excuse is played out.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 PM
1st Gear

Yeah i the money is not the problem. Do you know how much more it will be to upgrade.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:13 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

ok.. now it's time for you to start utilizing the search function, or maybe someone else will chime in.

i've spent too much time here.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

Whatever!!!!

Quick Reply: CAN YOU ADJUST A HYDRALIC CLUTCH?