B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

calling all ebay rs4 front bumper owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:13 PM
1st Gear
Default calling all ebay rs4 front bumper owners

i wanna hear from the people who actually own or have owned and are using the rs4 front from ebay or one of these other sites that is the fiberglass/plastic mix or just fiberglass..how is it? how does it fit? and how has it held up?

Old 04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: calling all ebay rs4 front bumper owners

Also interested. I would like to get the OEM S4 bumper but the price tag is high. I had a fiberglass bumper on my BMW and I would never get another one. I had to trim for the fenders, blinkers and fogs. I saw the ones your talking about. Wonder if they are any better.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

yeah i men i know everything everyone has to say about them and all and i agree and disagree but i want to hear from someone actually using it not just word of mouth or talk about it.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

Didn't get mine from ebay, but the same brand one is available on ebay...extreme dimensions is the brand. I've had it on for almost a year now and looks as good as the day I put it on...actually better because I added fogs and mesh after these pics were taken. The fit is "good" like 9.5 out of 10...mine had a couple of defects in the molding of the bumper, so it does need a little bit of body work, more or less depending on color...since mine is silver, it needed very little. If it were black, it would obviously need lots more. I had it professionaly painted which I would highly recommend since they prepare the surface right and guarantee the job for as long as I own the vehicle from chipping, peeling, etc. It cost around 300 labor for the paint, I installed it myself. To mount it, you have to pull the reinforcement out of the stock one and mount into the rs4 bumper. I actually drilled two holes and put screws into the reinforcement behind the euro plate. The sides have to be mounted with the flaps that come on the bumper, but I also put a screw on the top part of the bumper into the lip on the front quarter panel...I guess that makes sense? The result is a VERY Strong bumper. Contrary to popular belief, these things are pretty durable, I've bottomed out plenty of times and have the scrapes (on the under side) to prove it, but no cracks or anything.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

hey it looks pretty good actually, and that write up really did help and clear some things up from the prespective of a first hand owner, i can tell that your car is not lowered, mine is, also do you had a side view pic of the car because i was concerned about the bumper being to low and i would need side skirts as well.

thanks in advance