B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

buy it or not

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 02:11 PM
1st Gear

I just bought my 2000 A4 (it's a 1.8t, but whatever) and I totally agree with most of these posts. Especially teamdaraptor, he/she has obviously been through exactly what you're going through. We all know that these cars are EXTREMELY attractive, and make almost any other car's flaws very apparent. But you have to go into looking at them as if they are in bad condition and look for every flaw in the car you are considering. That way you are much more objective in the end. Also, to add on to everyone else's suggestions, find a good Audi/VW mechanic and have them look it over. Should cost you $30-75 to have that done, but it will probably save you a lot in the end.

I looked for my car and saved up for it for 2 years, when I could've probably bought another cheaper, higher mileage car at least 2-3 times. In the end, I think I've gotten an amazing car, for significantly more than I was originally planning on spending, but I'm soooo happy with it. Just make sure you balance your head with your heart when you consider this decision.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 PM
3rd Gear

He's got some good points