B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Bose rear deck speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Default Bose rear deck speakers

My deck speakers are both completely shot and I was wondering what options I have when replacing them. Obviously there is the stock replacements but do I have any options as far as upgrading them? Let me know also, what audio setups you guys are running.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:30 PM
1st Gear

apline type s or type r or if you have real deep pockets go with some alpine type x
the stock bose are nice but they are not durrable
at all

but i wouldn't go with pioneer speakers because ive never bought a pair that i like and no
i dont buy the wallmart stuff i always buy offline or from a certified stereo shop

www.alpine-usa.com

i strongly recomend them

Old 08-26-2008, 11:46 PM

I checked out the website and depending on my next paycheck I'll either go with the type s or type r. Will those fit right into the stock speaker holes or would they need some custom fitting?

Old 08-26-2008, 11:54 PM
1st Gear

i think the bose are 5 1/4 speakers and alpine makes that size so they should fit and i had
a pair of 6x9's in my honda(inbetween car from when i rolled my 4runner to my amazing audi now) and they sound
AWSOME
at least i thought and i have taken classes to be a profesional car audio installer
so i think im a pretty good source for this stuff
all i have to do is pay 80 damn dollars to take the final test and im good to go

Old 08-27-2008, 01:59 AM

how much are you willing to spend?
some brands i reccomend..
MB quart.. good bang for your buck cheap and sound really good (what i am running)
Infinity (kappas i beleive) i think a little more expensive same quality maybe a little lower than the mb's but def sound good and loud
Rainbow... a bit more expensive but sound INCREDIBLE clear and crisp great sound quality
Dyne audio (marketed to VW/Audi mostly)... AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING very expensive but incredible rounded sound and quality is great (these were put in a demo car at my sponsor shop and sound just impecable)

these are all brands i have used/heard/worked with and ones i can say i would buy personally.. i have about 1600 invested in my system and people think i have over 3000 invested in it.. i would def reccomend mb's if you are on a budget most come with a built in crossover (coaxials) and if they aren't built in they come with one...

good luck on speaker choice

Old 08-28-2008, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

he speaks the truth
mb's are ballin speakers i installed them all around in my dads deisel truck
except the tweeters they are alpine i didnt use them from my old car so i gave them to him
and they kick ***
and i put to 10" kicker subs in there tooo

Old 08-28-2008, 01:15 AM

Yeah, I might like to install some kickers down the road but I don't want to lose the trunk space. I always throw my skis and my golf clubs in the trunk. But I looked around a little and I'm checking out the MBs and the Rainbows. Any suggestions on where to purchase them?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:37 AM

well mbs u can actually get on ebay.. and if u don't want to go through ebay try www.onlinecarstereo.com i think they have them.. any model is good for but if u want spend more DO IT!.. also mb's are german made to match the german car haha

rainbow speakers are hard to find.. i got lucky b/c this shop just came in and carries them.. trying doing a search online for rainbow speakers.. but will warn you they are a bit pricey.. but worth it

Old 08-28-2008, 11:31 AM

I'm looking at the MBs online and out of pure laziness and not wanting to go measure for myself, does anyone know the diameter of the speakers i'm looking to replace? My guess is 6.5" by the grill that sits over them but I could be completely wrong.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by audi_n00b
I'm looking at the MBs online and out of pure laziness and not wanting to go measure for myself, does anyone know the diameter of the speakers i'm looking to replace? My guess is 6.5" by the grill that sits over them but I could be completely wrong.
www.crutchfield.com

under Car Audio & Video tab go to Outfit My Car.

Everyone is suggesting a lot of brands I have never heard of. I know someone said they never found a pair of pioneers they liked, but in my Acura I had some 6 1/2 pioneers in all the doors and they were amazing.

edit: and if you are considering those alpines, they are overpriced from Alpine-usa heh

Last edited by CTown; 08-28-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Bose rear deck speakers