B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Bored, took the car apart again

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Im on the jersey shore... My buddy is going to try and hack my tune and redo it all on 1200's and maf-less, hes pretty good with all that ****, tunes lots of other audis evos and stis. I hope to be making more than 464, but that is still very respectable. If your at waterfest, I should be there too.

So I picked up a starter today and just got back, debating whether i wanna try and fire her up and really **** the neighbors off, (open downpipe at the moment)... fingers crossed.
Yea, the 464 was on straight 93, with the meth you should pick up a substantial amount. Once I get the cash I'm doing meth too.

I'm from Warren, NJ. I should be down near Normandy/Mantaloking next weekend. Are you around there?

Do you have standalone? Otherwise it's going to be a nightmare hacking the tune. It's nothing like any other japanese ECU

Last edited by R.A.I. Motorsport; 06-16-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Slut

Yea I'm in point. Couple towns north of mant. You're welcome to come by as long as you bring the b6
This no crank thing is pissing me off. Originally the ac wire arced off my starter, so I figured the solenoid was shot. Got a new one and same thing happened. So now I'm looking toward a relay or ignition switch I guess. Any ideas. I'm gettin out there with a volt meter andd some wire to jump straight from batt to starter today. We'll see.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor

it's not even trying to crank? You could just get some wire yourself and run both the small wire and the power lead straight to the battery. Also the crank position won't let anything even try once its dead

Old 06-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Slut

yea im going to do the wires from the batt later when i get home... It just makes one click, and i believe i hear a very faint buzzing after that... I was reading about ignition switches causing similar problems and cant for the life of me find a diagram of the relays, i swapped all the ones that were the same and nothing helped, but there are a few that arent interchangeable. This is just driving me up the wall cuz I know its something so stupid and I just want to drive the car, or at least hear it fire. lol

Old 06-16-2010, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

double check EVERY ground... make sure there is no paint between the connection.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Slut

SHE LIVES!!!
Thanks flynnr cuz I somehow missed a ground that got tucked up behind a bracket by accident. As happy as I am, she sounds pretty shitty above about 1500rpm. Kind of a nasty rattling sound. I'm hoping its not the post on the cam chain tensioner that I broke. But maybe. Also have a blinking cel and my vag stuff is at my friends. But hey, the bitch fired up.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor

SHE LIVES!!!
Thanks flynnr cuz I somehow missed a ground that got tucked up behind a bracket by accident. As happy as I am, she sounds pretty shitty above about 1500rpm. Kind of a nasty rattling sound. I'm hoping its not the post on the cam chain tensioner that I broke. But maybe. Also have a blinking cel and my vag stuff is at my friends. But hey, the bitch fired up.
blinking CEL is misfires. Probably sounds nasty cause 1 cylinder isn't firing

Old 06-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Slut

Yea my buddy is dropping off my vag stuff today. The shitty noise is def the cam chain tensioner tho.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:56 AM
1st Gear

its my car part room, supposed to look like that, you should see the rest of my house, front bumpers from 05 evo, a4, and sc300. Few wheels here n there, i think two clutch setups. My downstairs bathtub is for cleaning and sanding, my kitchen often get taped off with garbage bags for painting. Good thing my only roomate is a pitbull puppy who loves carrying tools and parts away to **** me off lol.

Let me guess... you're renting?

Old 07-08-2010, 01:05 AM
2nd Gear

Do we get an update soon?

Quick Reply: Bored, took the car apart again