B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

boost gauge and vacuum hose help

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Default boost gauge and vacuum hose help

I recently got my car back from replacing a dreaded ignition coil and went under the hood just to look at the engine and noticed that my boost gauge line was hissing like it was pinched or blocked. So i took apart where the 3 pieces of hose come together. and the bottom one cam undone from where it was connected under the engine, and now I cant figure out where it reconnects. I think i found it because there is a small hose coming off the engine underneath and has a whole in it but i cant get it to connect to the hose that connects to the boost hose and manifold.

No i am really mad because it was my fault and I don't want to drive it to a shop to have them fix it because i know i can if i can just figure out where it goes.

So if anyone has an good pics of where the hoses hook up or any quality diagrams that would help a lot.

I dont have an pics of the problem I'm sorry, but it is the hose that comes off the manifold near the front of the engine bay, then i connect me boost gauge hose that runs to the back and into the dash. but the part of hose i disconnected is the part that runs back under the engine a bit and runs towards the beck of teh bay, its only about 10-12 inches long and i know the general area where is comes from. also the part i think it connects to is also vacuum hose so maybe i dropped a plastic or metal connector.

I know that sounds like i don't know what i am doing and probably is impossible to tell what happened but if anyone has any pics of their hoses or any diagrams i would be so great-full!

thanks all!

Old 10-25-2009, 12:17 AM
2nd Gear

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=140261
I posted a diagram in this thread on the vacuum and boost lines of a 2001 1.8t