B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Body Kit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:28 AM
2nd Gear
Default Body Kit Questions

Does anyone have an Avantgarde or Rieger front bumper or body kit? Are you happy with it? Was it easy to install? Do you have pictures?

I need to replace my front bumper and was also thinking about getting a full body kit. I've pretty much narrowed it down to these two front bumpers, but can't decide on side skirts or a rear bumper yet.

I also plan on lowering my car an inch or two. Will the body kit scrape the ground with hard cornering if I lower it?

How much should I expect to pay for painting a whole body kit? My car is silver and it's paint is in great shape. Would a separately painted body kit blend well with the rest of my car?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Administrator

I know a coupla guys on here have Rieger, can't think of any of them off the top of my head though

You'd obviously have to be more careful about where/how you drive with a body kit, especially if you lower the car. Speed bumps are bad. I saw a guy in an M3 tear off his rear valence goin through a strip mall parking lot one time, not cool.

As far as the paint goes, I know you can have a body shop match the paint to the rest of your car to account for paint fade, I've had it done before on other cars. Price is going to depend on the shop but I would think they're gonna get you for several hundred bucks at the very least. Far as I know, there's no really accurate way to match paint if you DIY, apart from the factory paint code. But then obviously you won't be albe to match for fade or non-factory paint. Hope that helps!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:47 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the advice!
I figured speed bumps and railroad crossings might hurt my car, I'll be sure to avoid them whenever possible. I'm mostly just concerned about flat surfaces with hard turning though.
At least now I have an idea on what to expect to pay for painting. Is the Rieger kit just simple remove and replace, or am I going to need to use Bondo, etc? Also, do most non-OEM front bumpers come with a valance or splash shield?

Old 01-22-2009, 09:11 AM
1st Gear

I'd always let a bodyshop handle the fitment of any sort of body kit.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:15 AM
2nd Gear

I'd like to leave it to a professional, I just don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:52 AM
1st Gear

^^^ Well, your choice.

Your car's quite new, and nice-looking, will be a shame to make it look rough with an ill-fitted bodykit.

Personally, I'd go for OEM S4 front, rear and lowers, do the RS4-mod on the OEM S4 bumper grilles, and I bet you any money, your B5 would look really great.

RS4-mod in front, with black grilles, looks fantastic against silver paint.
And as for the cost, you get what you pay for, unless you're a competent body-worker, I'd let the pros handle things.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 AM
2nd Gear

I checked out that mod and I agree. It looks sick! One question though, are all these OEM S4 parts a direct fit to the A4?

Old 01-28-2009, 04:02 AM
1st Gear

OEM S4 parts are a direct fit to your car, yes.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:09 AM
2nd Gear

I'm definitely doing this mod instead of an aftermarket body kit. Thanks for the advice!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

how much would a full conversion to a used OEM S4 kit with paint and all if you have a 2.8? (S4 front & rear bumpers, skirts)

Quick Reply: Body Kit Questions