B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Blow Off Valve for Audi A4... YAY or NAY?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:22 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Blow Off Valve for Audi A4... YAY or NAY?

so true

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: sirfalconx

Not trying to fuel the fire, because this is a totally dead topic, but you guys forgot one thing about BOV positives. BOV allows faster shifting in BT setups, b/c your engine will rev down quicker between the gears. Yes it will run rich, but if your not being a complete idiot, and flooring it everywhere you go, it wont really hurt anything besides the cat. And who gives a **** about the cat anyway, its a 1.8L how bad can the emissions possibly be.

Now if your a moron and your hammering on it non stop, yes you could burn a valve or soak the oil. but it would have to be really really REALLY rich for a really long time, on a motor that already has a ton of blowby for either of these to occur. The one thing you will do running rich is leave extra carbon deposits, but if your running good gas like BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power it shouldn't be that bad.
BOV's only make you run rich at idle/off throtle. So wtf are you trying to say now? (I am in NO WAY trying to defend BOV's)

Old 02-27-2007, 01:48 AM
1st Gear

good thinking guys... the heat is one thing i did not take into account. as far as volume, the same air si being sucked passed the MAF as it goes into the turbo as is being pushed out, cause air doesnt magically appear after a turbo, its all there pre turbo. but yea, the heat might be a problem. the ones ive seen tho are fter the intercooler, before the mnifold...

pic!

this si stock location on an MSP... right behind the filter... like ours... http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attac...chmentid=96220

this si relocated MAF, u can see the bov infront of it, and its after the interdooler on the way to the intake manifold... its the same one used even in the N/A proteges http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attac...chmentid=91268

Old 02-27-2007, 02:57 AM
Zombie Defense Force

yes i wrote the wrong word i meant veloicty not volume. volume is the same

Old 02-27-2007, 04:40 AM
1st Gear

Forge BOV?

Don't hate.. just asking.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:44 AM
Zombie Defense Force

sure it will work great if you recirculate the air back into the intake path after the maf. i would get the forge rs. great great product

Old 03-04-2007, 06:35 AM
1st Gear

where can i find intakes for my 2000 A4 1.8t quattro. please help me out. thanks man

Old 03-04-2007, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

i'm not goign to read this whole damn thread... just let me say this, i have a GFB D-BOV and if i run in even the lowest blowoff setting recurclating all the rest i still thro a check engine light with a lean condition and incorrect air messured errors.

I was ignorant when i bought mine, all the threads on here state that it's bad for you car, yet i put my trust in the ******** how are trying to take your money and sell me some **** that they really could car less if it hurts my car. Of course the dealer is goign to tell you that it works fine in audis, they will have your money and be long gone before you **** your car up.

BO-FUKING-V's ARE NOT MENT TO BE RUN ON AN AUDI (that should be the name of a stick thread), if you have a massive turbo you may have to vent so you don't have too much recurclating back in and hurting the turbo, but other then that stay the hell away from then unless you want to hurt your car, and that is all it comes down to. I personaly love to hear the sound of my K04 winding up over that damn phsssssss bullshit anyway.

If you put a BOV on your audi, you might as well put tincans on your exhaust for "chrome tips" and some sweet carboard gound effects, could prob even get a few lights at walmart to put under the car for that neon effect.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Zombie Defense Force

w00t i have been saying it since day one vta ftl

Old 10-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Default BOVs

are BOV's easy to install? and also do you need a boost control/gauge with it?

Old 10-05-2008, 07:39 PM
4th Gear

seriously... last post is over a year old.. and thread was started over 4 years ago

Quick Reply: Blow Off Valve for Audi A4... YAY or NAY?