B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Blow Off Valve for Audi A4... YAY or NAY?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Blow Off Valve for Audi A4... YAY or NAY?

above 4k it screems like a banchie. it might be the boost leak that is making the screaming noise. if not the turbo is **** up. yes deff going bigger. made up my mine on a 50trim with alky and race gas. can you say 500+whp!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
5th Gear

yea that sounds like what was happening when my trucks turbo went out, it was so fucked when i finaly got to changing it out... It had like perfect side to side play but it had about an inch of end to end play and I tell you want the mother ****** screamed, sounded like I had a damn hawk under the hood lol..
ORIGINAL: Jeff

above 4k it screems like a banchie. it might be the boost leak that is making the screaming noise. if not the turbo is **** up. yes deff going bigger. made up my mine on a 50trim with alky and race gas. can you say 500+whp!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ya only problem is i dont have the cash to get the new turbo. so i will probably just end up getting a stock trubo tell i can work this summer. or win the lotto

Old 02-26-2007, 06:58 PM
5th Gear

god if only I could win the lotto lol

ya only problem is i dont have the cash to get the new turbo. so i will probably just end up getting a stock trubo tell i can work this summer. or win the lotto

Old 02-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Zombie Defense Force

o man that would be great. i would walk into my accounting class and say haha i dont have to learn this **** now. ill just pay some one to do it for me. im bitter about the test i just got raped by[:@]

Old 02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
3rd Gear

Not really audi maf sensors are too sensitive to heat....
200 degree air = roasted sensor

the way that the mazda guys fixed this problem on Mazdaspeeds was to put the maf on the boosted side... then it always knows exactly how much air is making it to the intake manifold.

is this possible to do on an audi?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Zombie Defense Force

i dont think it can handle that much volume of air

Old 02-26-2007, 09:02 PM
5th Gear

they could use a ford 90mm maf i think

i dont think it can handle that much volume of air

Old 02-26-2007, 09:09 PM
3rd Gear

the volume is the same actually its the velocity thats different and also the temp difference of the sampled air would affect the readings of the sensor because hot air is expanded compare to the relatively colder pre turbo air it samples now... Basicaly you would need a sensor that could take the heat and the presure. then you would need a reflash for the ecu with a custom program to run with the new parameters....

Old 02-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: sirfalconx

Not trying to fuel the fire, because this is a totally dead topic, but you guys forgot one thing about BOV positives. BOV allows faster shifting in BT setups, b/c your engine will rev down quicker between the gears. Yes it will run rich, but if your not being a complete idiot, and flooring it everywhere you go, it wont really hurt anything besides the cat. And who gives a **** about the cat anyway, its a 1.8L how bad can the emissions possibly be.

Now if your a moron and your hammering on it non stop, yes you could burn a valve or soak the oil. but it would have to be really really REALLY rich for a really long time, on a motor that already has a ton of blowby for either of these to occur. The one thing you will do running rich is leave extra carbon deposits, but if your running good gas like BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power it shouldn't be that bad.
BOV's only make you run rich at idle/off throtle. So wtf are you trying to say now? (I am in NO WAY trying to defend BOV's)

Quick Reply: Blow Off Valve for Audi A4... YAY or NAY?