B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

blasphemy

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Default blasphemy

So I've decided I want to let go of the a4. It's been great fun and a great learning experience with the DIY-mods and stuff, but it's just too much for me, in terms of maintenance and care (plus it's a girly tip ) so I've been thinking of swapping it.

Now, here comes the blasphemous part... my buddy wants to do a straight trade for his 01 jetta that has a full gt2x kit, FMIC, w/m inj, etc. It's built pretty well, and the quality of the car is amazing, he constantly has it in show condition. It's cleaner inside and out than my car, but it's a step-down, plus it has ~20k more miles.

So I could either do that, or look around for maybe a WRX. Or even a 3000GT. Basically I want cheap power and cheap maintenance, and japanese cars are the way to go for that.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Site Moderator

Trading your A4 that has a girly tranny for a car that is girly altogether seems....... wrong. You want cheap power and maintenance... Take your pick from any of the Jap cars............... Trader... Jk, you gotta do what you gotta do. You arent the first person to let go of the Audi for something more affordable. But, you will miss it, and miss it badly. It's a promise.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:43 PM
4th Gear

girly A4 for a jetta???

Old 09-28-2008, 03:53 PM

3000gt cheap to maintain!? Hell no! Look that one up... It is one of the worst cars to buy. Overall though jap cars are ALOT cheaper I agree

Old 09-28-2008, 04:21 PM

I'm just starting to do my research on the world of cars around me, so my opinions may be misinformed. That 3000gt doesn't look so inviting anymore

Right now I'm looking at maybe a WRX or a 300zx, not so much that Jetta anymore. What other cars would be good, given the budget of a 19 year old college student? I don't want to have to deal with a **** ton of maintenance like I do with this car.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:26 PM
5th Gear

does that trade come with a sex change as well?

if you dont want the a4 anymore, look into an evo. better than the rex in every way, doesn't have the luxury of the a4, but way better around the track. and 3000gt's suck as DD's

Old 09-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Site Moderator

300ZX and 3000GT = more pain and maintanence than an A4.
Try changing out the dual throttle bodies on a 300ZX and tell me its easier to work on...

Old 09-28-2008, 05:16 PM
3rd Gear

Wont the Jetta be the same amount of maintenance... any high performance turbo car is also going to be the same or more maintinance. 300zx N/A would be a good one though and it still makes 220hp so its not slow just not high performance.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by chaos92287
does that trade come with a sex change as well?
Not yet, but that's a possible future mod.

Originally Posted by chaos92287
if you dont want the a4 anymore, look into an evo. better than the rex in every way, doesn't have the luxury of the a4, but way better around the track. and 3000gt's suck as DD's
I can only afford to do a straight trade right now. I don't have much cash, and even if I did, I probably wouldn't get an evo. Up here, the only guys who drive evo's are nerdy white programmers. It's the new mid-life crisis car for the wealthy, single nerd with superficial understanding of what a cool car is.

I'd like to keep the a4, but at the same time, I'm tired of it. I know I'll probably miss it and regret it - but this isn't my last opportunity to own a luxurious vehicle. I've always believed that whatever you do in life, you should have fun at it -- and this car just isn't fun for me anymore. It's lost the spark it initially had, and I really don't think that just because it's got four rings and a nice interior makes up for the lack of appreciation I have for it. It's not what I want right now, and it's definitely not something I can afford to keep.

I don't want the Jetta anymore. That was a decision fueled by excitement for the possibility of having a much faster car. And from what I've read about the other cars I've mentioned, maybe those aren't the best choices for me. So, then, can I fish for suggestions here? I'm considering a WRX, so I'll do some research, but anybody's two cents would be gladly appreciated.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:09 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Leifer

I can only afford to do a straight trade right now. I don't have much cash, and even if I did, I probably wouldn't get an evo. Up here, the only guys who drive evo's are nerdy white programmers. It's the new mid-life crisis car for the wealthy, single nerd with superficial understanding of what a cool car is.
why do you care about what kind of other people drive the car? test drive one and it will change your mind. it outperforms both the a4 and wrx. and looks better than the wrx.

Quick Reply: blasphemy