B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Big Turbo: Best bang for buck

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 PM
1st Gear

So, after reading all of this, I think I understand. My moms gonna buy me a 2014 A4 and I wanna make BIG speed, so if I get one of these, I can get big speed, right?

Neuspeed Turbo Kits | HorsepowerFreaks

Old 02-16-2013, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
OK dude, I've had about enough of your ****. You make long *** posts elaborating on how you know everything there is to know about turbos, then start stupid *** threads without searching the forum first. All of the threads you've started since you joined are to ask questions that have been asked AND ANSWERED many times if you took the time to look. Mike is a very knowledgeable and well-respected member of this forum and many others. Just because you worked in a machine shop that happened to rebuild turbos doesn't mean you're the be-all-end-all of forced induction. Chill the **** out.

Still waiting for dyno graphs for your 280awhp K04 build
I have never once acted like I am and the fact is I have no idea why he is so hell bent on this. The whole issue started over a simple question about Franken turbos and if they used Borg Warner parts or not since I have never seen one. I have absolutely nothing against Mike at all and think he has one sweet *** ride and am THANKFUL for the knowledge he has helped me with. Yes I have opened so very noobish threads but none in regards in turbos or how they work. They are simply because I have no expierence with Audi or VW. FYI I have searched topics before and found on numerous occasions contradiction to each one and asking my specific question usually gets specific answers related to it or others personal expierences.

My K04 setup is on hold to get dyno'd for several reasons. One my wheel bearings are toast and they need replaced before I can go anywhere as well as some sort of jerking feeling from right front which I am 95% sure is the rotor. Two the car is getting the body work taken care of this week. Three I have some bugs to work out before I can crank the boost up and hammer my goal which was 260awhp. The other issue is that I live hours away from an AWD dyno. When I get the chance to go you can personally come and witness it yourself. It will most likely be close to where you live.

Last edited by zandrew; 02-16-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Cool story bro. I'll hold my breath until that dyno run................................

Old 02-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Legal Moderator

Originally Posted by CCA4
Cool story bro. I'll hold my breath until that dyno run................................
I only slightly agree

Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Guru

I don't even know what to make of this. Part of me hates you, zandrew, because while you seem to know what you're talking about you seem to come on here like no one knows anywhere NEAR as much as you except for a certain select few. And if anyone corrects you or questions your knowledge, then you get angry and start slinging insults. You wanna act like a bro? Take it to the 'Zine.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 PM
1st Gear

Please go back and read my damn posts. I am not even the person that started this ****. I asked one simple question since it is not listed on their site and figured someone would know. I "figured" they did use comparable parts as precision and Comp since they are priced similiar.

Half of the reply's I have got back pertain to things I made no comment on. I specifically spoke about entry level turbos and get tangent response about triplex and a load of other ****. I am not even the one that started the name calling. However for whatever reason I am the one in the *******? I have not even knocked Comp's product and I will tell you that 95% of turbo failures on Brand name turbos are not because of the manufacturer. They are do to driver ignorance or improperly installed oil line or return.

CCA4 I have offered for you to come. Even if I post a video something tells me NO ONE will still believe it. I have several things to work out and once I do I will go to the dyno. You can even drive the car yourself. Issues I have right now have already been stated and once they are resolved it will be dyno'd. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, AS LONG AS I DON'T BEND A ROD!!!

Last edited by zandrew; 02-17-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 PM
1st Gear

Okay I don't want to act like king **** of this thread but I did not start this with the intention of having fellow audi forums members bitch at each other over turbos and their set ups, I simply wanted basic answers. Everyone here has a pretty knowledgeable background on turbos and such, unique to their own experiences. This thread seems to be getting more and more out of hand, so with that mike, cca4, zandrew, etc, I respectfully request the bitching and bantering stop. Thank you all again.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by MrSnickelsnizer
This thread seems to be getting more and more out of hand, so with that mike, cca4, zandrew, etc, I respectfully request the bitching and bantering stop. Thank you all again.
You're right man, sorry about that. I'm supposed to be preventing **** like this, not participating in it. As you were.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by zandrew
Are you mildly retardeded (exagerated intentionally)? You OBVIOUSLY need some reading comprehension classes as I have stated NUMEROUS times that I am referring directly to the entry line. They are direct copies of Garrett parts and it is even stated by Comp when they first started it!!! Now it is a fact that the entry line uses China manufactured parts. I don't give a **** whether you believe me or not. Some facts for you though,

The cost of material is relatively nothing when it comes to manufacturing. The labor is what breaks the bank. Where is the cheapest labor with specialized tooling??? Considering the average Billet compressor takes over an hour to manufacture, in the US an hour of CNC labor costs $100. The compressor is just one small part of a turbo. The fact that the parts are identical 100% from Comp and the China pieces I have used when I rebuilt Comp with my own hands.

Now one more thing; If you go on their website you will find a **** ton of pretty pictures, contact info, etc. Do you see anywhere on their site where they boast how it is manufactured in the USA??? I sure the hell didn't and typically that is something you want buyers to know.

Also take a close up picture of one of their turbines if you don't mind... Then compare it too the one furtherest to the right in this picture:

I am sure you will see some uncanny similarities. But hey what do I know? Its not like I haven't torn several of them apart and rebuilt them in about every fashion known to man.

One last thing, when you hold the parts in your hands and notice the tooling marks that are EXACTLY the same it is not an assumption. It is a fact. Tooling marks and process can not be FAKED and on areas of that said part that WILL NEVER be seen by the public it would make no point to be FAKED.

If they were using china made parts why in the world would Comp need to move into a 10k sq ft building to hold more CNC machines?

Funny thing is that they actually machine their own compressor wheels right in their shop and I know this because I have personally been to the shop many times. They also make me custom Extended Tip compressor wheels.

They don't say it it is a manufactured in the United States turbo because the bearing cartridge is bought from a company that is based outside of the United States but is no where near China. But see I know that because I know who they buy it from and know that because I am in the business of selling their products. If I wanted to sell china made turbos I would still be selling RP's, but I don't.

There is a reason wheels look the same, because everyone tends to use the same type of blade design and when someone does come out with something new the people in China jump on making a copy of it which is why there are tons of companies in China now offering billet wheels and even GTX copies.

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 02-18-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:42 PM
1st Gear

If you want to further banter about this PM me. Out of respect for the thread and other members I will no longer continue to bicker as I have. I apologize for some of the childish name calling I have spouted and am sure that this could have been handled in a more mundane fashion acceptable to the other members.

Yeah I apologized since I am 100% I have been more then just a bit of an ***. However I still hold firm that some, NOT ALL parts used are manufactured in China which has been my point all along.

One of the awesome things about Brand name but not OEM supplied turbos is that they have a tendacy to incoorperate the best aspects of all turbo manufacturers.

Quick Reply: Big Turbo: Best bang for buck