B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Best friend wrecked his b5 tonight... What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

Haha yeah that was me where were you bro? were you the kid in the silver b5 i drove past?

or did you see my car parked? it was so clean on friday and then all the rain got me pissed off..

installed my led license plate bulbs today, di noc 3m carbon fiber my center console and got my windshield replaced this week

Last edited by aeeroN; 06-10-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by aeeroN
Haha yeah that was me where were you bro? were you the kid in the silver b5 i drove past?

or did you see my car parked? it was so clean on friday and then all the rain got me pissed off..

installed my led license plate bulbs today, di noc 3m carbon fiber my center console and got my windshield replaced this week
Saw it parked at the stop and shop. I was leaving and noticed it was a volcano black sport package and knew it was likely your car. It looked clean to me, one of the things I like about the volcano black mica color is it doesn't seem to show dirt.

Unfortunately I don't actually drive a B5 myself, or an Audi for that matter. I learned to drive on a manual B5 and love them still, but I myself own a Volvo. It's a great car in most ways, very good ride, performance, obviously safe as a tank, the only thing I hate is the auto transmission.

One day I aim to drive a manual S4 avant. My uncle has a terrific 2008 S4 avant (manual of course) that I love. It has everything you'd ever want in a car! Awesome roaring V8, great transmission, superb recaro seats with alcantara and nappa leather. Has the factory RS4 optional wheels for summer and the avus-III wheels for winter, man I want it sooo bad! And it's in that amazing grey metallic color with those sexy aluminum mirrors...

Old 06-11-2012, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the compliments, the color does show some dirt though. Sadly I live on a dirt road and my garage is filled with **** my parents dumped in there when we moved. I literally get dirt on my rear fenders right after I wash my car. I wanna get mud flaps or splash guards .

My car does have some shitty things about it still though, the front passenger fender has a weird grove type dent. I doubt I'll ever pay for a new fender to be painted.. I would re paint the entire car a dolphin grey matte first before paying $600-800 for a fender.

I love the volcano black color when its raining and or a cloudy dark day. Those days it looks more grey/blue than black for some reason..

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/...di/photo16.jpg not my car but you get the picture.

And my front license plate is dented from a accident in my last car that I totaled in a t bone accident (2002 golf).

I'm starting to get really happy with the car though after getting a large list of stuff fixed, two new axles, 4 new wheel bearings and some tie rod issues. Bout to hook up the car with some aftermarket audio stuff, then hopefully find some s4 avus rims and get a set of st coils.

if you ever get a audi or vw we gotta hang i don't know many euro drivers all of my friends drive STRICTLY jdm cars which sucks.. cause then i need help fixing my car and there like huh?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the compliments, the color does show some dirt though. Sadly I live on a dirt road and my garage is filled with **** my parents dumped in there when we moved. I literally get dirt on my rear fenders right after I wash my car. I wanna get mud flaps or splash guards .

My car does have some shitty things about it still though, the front passenger fender has a weird grove type dent. I doubt I'll ever pay for a new fender to be painted.. I would re paint the entire car a dolphin grey matte first before paying $600-800 for a fender.

I love the volcano black color when its raining and or a cloudy dark day. Those days it looks more grey/blue than black for some reason..

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/...di/photo16.jpg not my car but you get the picture.

And my front license plate is dented from a accident in my last car that I totaled in a t bone accident (2002 golf).

I'm starting to get really happy with the car though after getting a large list of stuff fixed, two new axles, 4 new wheel bearings and some tie rod issues. Bout to hook up the car with some aftermarket audio stuff, then hopefully find some s4 avus rims and get a set of st coils.

if you ever get a audi or vw we gotta hang i don't know many euro drivers all of my friends drive STRICTLY jdm cars which sucks.. cause then i need help fixing my car and there like huh?
Time to get rid of the "fish bowl" look and get those windows tinted.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

Its not my car.

I personally don't care much.. if i got tint it would not be 35% which is the ct limit.. i have a long list of stuff I want first before tints

Old 06-11-2012, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

so... have we come to the conclusion that the best friend was indeed, you?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by burgurboy
so... have we come to the conclusion that the best friend was indeed, you?
Lmao !

Old 06-15-2012, 09:06 PM
1st Gear

Well I'll be honest, I thought your car looked damn near perfect as I passed by... Actually slowed down to see if it was you believe it or not!

The Volcano Black Mica color is friggin sweet, plain and simple LOL Mica colors look the best and so do pearls in my opinion... Like that rare pearl white looks great too.

If you want 17" wheels, I recommend Craigslist. I got a pair of nice 17's (OEM attractive ones, not shitty aftermarket) for my Volvo for only $130 that are easily worth double that.

It's too bad your friends all drive crapanese cars, as I like to call 'em. I'm amazed you haven't convinced them to buy an Audi with a single ride in yours!

I obviously love the Euro cars, got a Volvo right now, really want to buy an S4 Avant at some point, my dream is a Porsche 911 C4S, TT, or GT3... In manual of course. It literally puzzles me as to why anyone could find a honda or subaru or what-have-you even remotely worth driving...