B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

best 1.8t chip?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:09 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by hartsoe1
Hey CC, it is time for you to get back into the biz of education of members mode. You may use the word TROLL again - that is only if you are under 17. wow
Just for the record CCA4 has sold his car and will probably not be coming on these forums much if at all anymore. And if you reread your last sentence it makes no sense at all

Originally Posted by george1546
Going off topic, better lock this thread before more harm is done.
+2

Old 09-01-2013, 09:39 AM
4th Gear

Chris sold his Avant?

WTF?!?! Where the hell have I been?

Old 09-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by hartsoe1
Hey CC, it is time for you to get back into the biz of education of members mode. You may use the word TROLL again - that is only if you are under 17. wow
You just love me don't you? Every time I see you come around, you're responding to a post I made to tell me all of the things I'm doing wrong, which you're usually wrong about anyway. If you notice, this thread is three years old, and the OP never replied and hasn't made a post in quite some time. We answer hundreds of questions a week here and I'm all for educating the members. I have a problem when some dude with 3 posts starts barking orders at senior members and moderators who've been around here answering the same ******* questions for the last 8 years. We told him what a sticky was, what it looked like and where to find it. What more do you want? Get off my dick. You're not a unique snowflake. You're not special. You're not entitled to my help and I'm not obligated to help you. Leave the butt hurt at the door and do your own leg work. You want troll? Try the B5 S4 forums on Audizine, the B6 A4 forums on Audizine, ANY forum on QuattroWorld or the Vortex. AF is one of the nicest forums around.

Originally Posted by zgregg1
CCA4 - I am also new and can't find an answer to the original question, the links are dead, and a google search leads me here - to a dead end.
This is the B5 FAQ sticky: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...%2A%2A-109459/ (not dead)

This is the 1.8T upgrade information sticky: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...rmation-93439/ (also not dead)

This is the DV/BOV upgrade info sticky: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...mation-100217/ (also also not dead)

Also this: Let me google that for you

Anything from GIAC, APR, Revo, or Speedtuning will work fine. But since you made a post about needing help without posting any information about your car, that's all the help I can give you.

Originally Posted by Pbcrazy
Just for the record CCA4 has sold his car and will probably not be coming on these forums much if at all anymore. And if you reread your last sentence it makes no sense at all
I'm not going anywhere

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
Chris sold his Avant?

WTF?!?! Where the hell have I been?
I did. I got tired of fixing it lol. It was my DD and I found myself fixing it every weekend so I could drive it to work again on Monday. Plus I've started camping and hunting more, and I needed something that was more than 1" off the ground to get me back into the woods.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:48 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Huskerbob
I do think it's cool to pick on newbies who say things like "just answer the dang question." Really? That's the kind of attidtude that'll get your *** kicked where I live. Asking is one thing, demanding is another. I'm just sayin' be polite and you'll probably get your answer. Plus, an impatient mechanic is probably not going to be here long.
I do understand that checking anyone (including a newb) who has a bad attitude is sometimes necessary, and I do understand your point about the reciprocation of one's own attitude, but you really don't need to tell a guy from Tampa what will or will not get his *** kicked when you're posting from Concord, NC (Population 79K) - That must be one tough Holler. lol!

Originally Posted by CCA4

This is the B5 FAQ sticky: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...%2A%2A-109459/ (not dead)

This is the 1.8T upgrade information sticky: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...rmation-93439/ (also not dead)

This is the DV/BOV upgrade info sticky: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...mation-100217/ (also also not dead)
That would've been the perfect answer IMO (regardless of how old the thread is, or how many times it's been posted. The more times it's posted, the better IMHO).

Old 09-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by A4TurboGuy
That would've been the perfect answer IMO (regardless of how old the thread is, or how many times it's been posted. The more times it's posted, the better IMHO).
That's the thing though. Search the B5 forum for threads about "what's the best chip for the money" or "what chip should i get?" and you'll be reading until Christmas. It's been posted and answered literally thousands of times. If people would take the time to search the forum before posting a new thread it wouldn't be a problem. People don't do this because they don't read the FAQ, which is where the answer is anyway.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:14 AM
2nd Gear

That's the thing though. Search the B5 forum for threads about "what's the best chip for the money" or "what chip should i get?" and you'll be reading until Christmas. It's been posted and answered literally thousands of times. If people would take the time to search the forum before posting a new thread it wouldn't be a problem. People don't do this because they don't read the FAQ, which is where the answer is anyway.
Understandable, but why not just throw the links and the education in there anyway? Most people find sites like these through Google search, so the more threads with links and info about sticky's are actually a good thing (unless the server is running out of DB space).

Old 09-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

Originally Posted by A4TurboGuy
Understandable, but why not just throw the links and the education in there anyway? Most people find sites like these through Google search, so the more threads with links and info about sticky's are actually a good thing (unless the server is running out of DB space).
Because that takes more time. Time is valuable, and we all value time spent differently.

The first time you help someone out with something you just learned yourself theres a feeling of satisfaction. If you're a part of the community you should enjoy helping others when you can, most forum members do. That being said, typing out the differences between a GIAC and APR chip, why cold air intake kits generally aren't worth it, and what to do about a squeeky front end for the 15th time loses its splendor. That information is out there, really, it is.

Everyone should take a class on learning how to search properly. I almost never use a forum's built in search, they suck compared to google. If I wanted to find info about B5 chips on AF, I would search, "a4 b5 chip site:audiforums.com". Pages and pages of results are returned. Many of which answer this question; others may not, but there is still info to be gleamed.

With all that, if you have the link or info easily acceptable, it is better to have those links in as many places as possible.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Administrator

I don't disagree with any of that. Like I said, I took issue with the guy because he was barking orders at senior members with his 3rd post ever (if I recall correctly). If I'd have seen this thread three years ago before he posted that comment, I would have gladly answered his questions. Look through my post history, I don't flame people unless it's very very deserved.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

[QUOTE=A4TurboGuy;1446144]I do understand that checking anyone (including a newb) who has a bad attitude is sometimes necessary, and I do understand your point about the reciprocation of one's own attitude, but you really don't need to tell a guy from Tampa what will or will not get his *** kicked when you're posting from Concord, NC (Population 79K) - That must be one tough Holler. lol!

Why? Are folks tougher in Tampa because it's bigger? Population, who cares.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:38 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by BaseDrifter
Because that takes more time. Time is valuable, and we all value time spent differently.

The first time you help someone out with something you just learned yourself theres a feeling of satisfaction. If you're a part of the community you should enjoy helping others when you can, most forum members do. That being said, typing out the differences between a GIAC and APR chip, why cold air intake kits generally aren't worth it, and what to do about a squeeky front end for the 15th time loses its splendor. That information is out there, really, it is.

Everyone should take a class on learning how to search properly. I almost never use a forum's built in search, they suck compared to google. If I wanted to find info about B5 chips on AF, I would search, "a4 b5 chip site:audiforums.com". Pages and pages of results are returned. Many of which answer this question; others may not, but there is still info to be gleamed.

With all that, if you have the link or info easily acceptable, it is better to have those links in as many places as possible.
Agreed

I don't disagree with any of that. Like I said, I took issue with the guy because he was barking orders at senior members with his 3rd post ever (if I recall correctly). If I'd have seen this thread three years ago before he posted that comment, I would have gladly answered his questions. Look through my post history, I don't flame people unless it's very very deserved.
Agreed

Originally Posted by Huskerbob
Why? Are folks tougher in Tampa because it's bigger? Population, who cares.
Um, yeah.

Quick Reply: best 1.8t chip?