B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

the bad experience with speedtuning thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by punkrocker5817
am I the only one with a 2.8 who got tuned? because i am experiencing no gain atm. It was different when I got it back, but its so minute. Everyone here has the 1.8t and so im not getting a whole lot of suggestions that will help me.
I got the 2.8, I noticed its torquier, more responsive and smoother. but reading all these horror stories I'm starting to think maybe mine wasn't even chiped.
to make sure I"m gonna try & get over 135

Old 08-12-2009, 06:29 PM
2nd Gear
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mexican47
I got the 2.8, I noticed its torquier, more responsive and smoother. but reading all these horror stories I'm starting to think maybe mine wasn't even chiped.
how the **** do you think you didnt get chipped if your car is noticeably torquier, more responsive, and smoother...

thats exactly what the chip for the 2.8 is supposed to do... it only claims what ... 8chp gain? thats like 6whp...

these tunes werent designed for the NA version of our car, theres no boost pressure to increase, which is where 95% of our added hp comes from...

and if your serious about going over 135 (even though you put the winky face...) you should be checked into a mental institution before you kill yourself ... your car was not designed or intended to go nearly that fast...

Old 08-12-2009, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

Damn Flynn

Old 08-12-2009, 07:16 PM
2nd Gear

yeah i apologize for the rant, and i dont mean to take it out on mexican47 by any means, but idk just seems people are jumping the gun on this way too fast and assuming things they shouldnt until they have tested logs in vag-com and done a PROPER boost leak test (not just looking for, or trying to hear a leak)

i have been there... i got my ST chip and i didnt think it worked for the first week too... cause i had a vac line that had a crack in it, thus my whole car felt slow... no improvement... but i replaced all my lines and found the crack and was SO happy with my results...

i just think thats the case with everyone here thats not getting desired results... oliver has been doing this for a living for years... why the hell (after a few group buys, and numerous random customers) would he NOT give the correct tune, or not tune the ecu at all when people are paying him to... just doesnt make sense...

Old 08-12-2009, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by mexican47

Haha ive been 138 without the chippp

Old 08-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Well I did a couple of short boost leak test using the tennis ball method I found 2 hoses that had cracks in them. I replaced both lines and went out on the road for testing. When I take off my boost goes up to about 9ish then when I shift (tiptrontic) my boost goes up to about 12psi then back down to 9psi so I'm going to do another boost leak test to see if I missed anything.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by flynnr
how the **** do you think you didnt get chipped if your car is noticeably torquier, more responsive, and smoother...

thats exactly what the chip for the 2.8 is supposed to do... it only claims what ... 8chp gain? thats like 6whp...

these tunes werent designed for the NA version of our car, theres no boost pressure to increase, which is where 95% of our added hp comes from...

and if your serious about going over 135 (even though you put the winky face...) you should be checked into a mental institution before you kill yourself ... your car was not designed or intended to go nearly that fast...
Placebo effect! duh!

Old 08-13-2009, 03:13 AM
2nd Gear

lol probably... butt dyno reads a difference when the true dyno doesnt ^^

Old 08-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AutoUnionFan
"Channel 115: Requested Boost and Actual Boost

This is a very helpful channel for diagnosing boost leaks, trying to figure out why your car went into limp mode, and seeing if the software or hardware (electronic or manual boost controllers) are doing what they should be. This channel displays the boost requested by the computer (requested boost) in the first column and the boost actually made by the turbo (actual boost) in the second column. The readings you will see here can be misleading. First, you should know that the numbers you will see are not yet corrected for atmospheric pressure (about 1040mbar at sea level). The atmospheric pressure seen at the boost sensor is tough to estimate with complete precision, but I have found that subtracting 1000mbar from the numbers gets you close enough to actual boost unless you are living at 20,000 feet above sea level. The next thing you have probably noticed about these numbers are that they are displayed in mbar instead of psi like we are all used to. Well, this won’t be a problem thanks to the metric system. 1000mbar = 1 bar and 1 bar = 14.5psi. There you have it."

I pasted it from this thread on AZ:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...+measure+boost
ok, I finally got ahold of the VAG-COM cable today, so I will be logging channel 115 and posting the results later today

Old 08-14-2009, 02:43 PM
JPs

To those who are having problems. Do you know the S/N of your ECM? Just wondering if we can pinpoint the problems to a certain model number ECM.

I just sent my ECM to SpeedTuning today(8/14). So we will see next week what kind of results I get, if any.

My ECM model number is: 4B0906018P

TIA.

Quick Reply: the bad experience with speedtuning thread