B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

the bad experience with speedtuning thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 03:29 PM

Same exact deal is happening with me. After my ST chip
I can't tell any difference in performance. POS

Old 08-11-2009, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear

i realllllllllly dont get it...

it seems about half the people had great experience, half didnt...

my tune is great... i just dont understand how, if hes doing the exact same thing to every ecu, that some can work and some wont...

i still think EVERY one whoose doesnt work has a leak issue that they just cant find...

Old 08-11-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by flynnr
i realllllllllly dont get it...

i still think EVERY one whoose doesnt work has a leak issue that they just cant find...
well. come find my leak for me then

either you are right or oliver must have had too many beers and forgot to flash half of our ecus before sending them back....?

Im gonna go out tonight and put new plugs in and check YET AGAIN for boost leaks..

Old 08-11-2009, 09:32 PM

do any of you guys have vag-com?

you could do some logs and look at the requested boost values.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Broncoman75
oliver must have had too many beers and forgot to flash half of our ecus before sending them back....?

Im gonna go out tonight and put new plugs in and check YET AGAIN for boost leaks..
HAHAH i was thinking the same exact thing, i was thinking that some of ours got pushed into the "done" pile by mistake

Old 08-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Administrator

That would really suck. For anyone in here that hasn't regapped the plugs, do it regardless. You will need the tighter gap to get the full potential out of the chip when the car is running right. That's scripture - take it to the bank.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:17 AM
1st Gear

am I the only one with a 2.8 who got tuned? because i am experiencing no gain atm. It was different when I got it back, but its so minute. Everyone here has the 1.8t and so im not getting a whole lot of suggestions that will help me.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by AutoUnionFan
do any of you guys have vag-com?

you could do some logs and look at the requested boost values.
I dont, but my buddy at work does. I will get him to bring it in.
What block/blocks? do i need to log to look at requested boost value?

You guys in the group buy aren't the only ones with problems. I ordered mine probably 3-4 months ago. check out this thread over on AZ
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...=302773&page=2

Old 08-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Administrator

The 2.8 makes a gain but not a dramatic one like the turbo does. The claims of a 6-8 hp peak gain probably are accurate but you'll see a nice midrange torque increase that wouldn't surprise me to be 15 or so ft-lbs. It'll also smooth the 3000rpm flat spot, raise redline to around 7k, and delete the 130mph speed limiter. You'll get used to it and stop feeling the gain pretty fast but it's there - I noticed it immediately on Hiwords' car this past year.

Peak gains aren't where it's at unless you do dyno competitions. Midrange torque matters most in street driving and the 2.8 makes gains there.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Broncoman75
I dont, but my buddy at work does. I will get him to bring it in.
What block/blocks? do i need to log to look at requested boost value?
"Channel 115: Requested Boost and Actual Boost

This is a very helpful channel for diagnosing boost leaks, trying to figure out why your car went into limp mode, and seeing if the software or hardware (electronic or manual boost controllers) are doing what they should be. This channel displays the boost requested by the computer (requested boost) in the first column and the boost actually made by the turbo (actual boost) in the second column. The readings you will see here can be misleading. First, you should know that the numbers you will see are not yet corrected for atmospheric pressure (about 1040mbar at sea level). The atmospheric pressure seen at the boost sensor is tough to estimate with complete precision, but I have found that subtracting 1000mbar from the numbers gets you close enough to actual boost unless you are living at 20,000 feet above sea level. The next thing you have probably noticed about these numbers are that they are displayed in mbar instead of psi like we are all used to. Well, this won’t be a problem thanks to the metric system. 1000mbar = 1 bar and 1 bar = 14.5psi. There you have it."

I pasted it from this thread on AZ:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...+measure+boost

Quick Reply: the bad experience with speedtuning thread