B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Backup alarm driving me mad!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Backup alarm driving me mad!!

I recently purchased an Audi A4 Quatro T sport Y reg. The back up alarm activates every 15 mins making a high pitch noise driving me and my neighbours crazy! I've carried out a diagnostic and it says that the 2 back door sensors are faulty. Would this cause this noise?
I've had main battery checked and it's perfect condition.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:03 PM
3rd Gear

are you talking about a backup/reverse alarm? or a backup (secondary) security alarm? the car should not have either.

if you arm the security system with a faulty door sensor, of course that could cause the alarm to sound.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:36 AM
1st Gear

in the boot back drivers side behinde the caseing is a alarm siren.. iv took that off as i cant get the alarm to stop but its strange that both sensors have gone,,, now my drvers door has packed in on me no windows el wing mirrors or the lock dont work gggrrrr all this audi has done is bring me problems

Old 10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by marka4
in the boot back drivers side behinde the caseing is a alarm siren.. iv took that off as i cant get the alarm to stop but its strange that both sensors have gone,,, now my drvers door has packed in on me no windows el wing mirrors or the lock dont work gggrrrr all this audi has done is bring me problems
definitely audi is not for you, sell it!

Old 10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
1st Gear

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but i had a 97 A4 1.8T that if you locked it with the key from the outside the alarm would go off because of a gap between the hood and the hood sensor for the alarm. What i ended up doing to avoid this was lock it from the inside through the passenger door or the rear door. If you do it this way it doesn't activate the alarm and still allows you to lock all the doors.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Site Moderator

You don't have a back up alarm, there is a problem with your central locking system. Take it to a mechanic and read your owners manual.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:33 AM
4th Gear

Back up alarm, like, "look out, I'm backing up, get out of the way..."

Or back up alarm like, locked the car, walked away, and the horn goes off and lights flash and the other golfers get pissed (yep, happened to me).

If it's the first, why the hell does you can have one of those? Find the speaker, rip it out, stomp on it, give it to your neighbor so he can stomp on it for his frustrations too, then bury it at least 10 feet in the ground, find a buddist monk to bless the ground, and maybe, just maybe, the nightmares won't haunt you for too long after, i.e. alfed hitchcock/ edgar allen poe style...

If it's the second, just make sure all your windows are up, and sunroof is closed. There are motion sensors in the car, and a gentle breeze will set them off (thus the golf course episode I was explaining). If that's not the problem, break out some scematics, learn how to read them, and go from there...

Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 AM
3rd Gear

its the alarm going off, and he said two of his door switches are faulty. thats what is setting the alarm off. you just need to replace those switches.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
4th Gear

Yeah, probably... I just felt like babbling a little... hahaha!

Old 10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
1st Gear

yes but audi qouted me 263 pounds each cause the sensors are in the lock there must be another way of deactaveating them... an as for my drivres door being dead i took door card off unpluged it all like i knew what i was doing blew this an that when i got pissed off i put it all back together an it works but alarm still gos off..... so i think i might just smash the alarm up an berry it 10 ft under

Quick Reply: Backup alarm driving me mad!!