B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Back in a B5 again

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:55 PM
1st Gear

ive been kinda lucky this time around,my last B5 had virtually no upper front arches left. This one only has a couple rusty bits from stone chips over the front end which are pretty easy to fix up

Old 03-18-2012, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

mines got a few dings in the arches i gotta touch those up. my last car everything from the doors to the rear wheels was gone about 10" up by the time i got rid of it. so i was upset to find rust on mine but still minimal. rust is a bitch esspecially in wi.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

we get hit hard in Scotland as well god damn gritters this seems to have survived well though

really bad rushed phone cam pic :/
Name:  Picture128.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  44.7 KB

proper lows tomorrow,basically it got dropped off the two poster-lifted-levelled-dropped off the ramp then drove it 40 miles to let it settle for measurements and proper lows when I get back to the garage My brother got rushed into hospital with suspected appendicitis today literally as we'd finished the fronts and had both the rear shocks out so I was pretty much stuck with a basic drop it and get it decent till i knew what was going on but itll work itself out. He got let out(successful surgery later)to an emergency surg. recov. room a couple hours ago and he was asking for pictures of the avant decked(we ended up way out of visiting hours and my sister had stayed to run his partner home so everybody else got sent home :/ )so I know he's good

Going to pick up a set of fat fives tomorrow after a quick measure and re-drop now itll have settled properly but ill have daylight pics before I head to the hospital visiting window that i'll post tomorrow if I get a chance

Old 03-21-2012, 08:30 PM
1st Gear

went back over to my mates bit today.......

Name:  Picture131.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  79.2 KB

Name:  Picture132.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  91.9 KB

by the time I got it home
Name:  Picture133.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  Picture134.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  Picture135.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  76.7 KB

and up at the hospital visiting my brother stephen and an X5 decided to park next to me lol
Name:  Picture136.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  53.3 KB

Name:  Picture137.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  47.8 KB

Name:  Picture138.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  54.3 KB

Still got to empty the trunk(four wheels and a tyre and a few other bits to be polished)and park it up somewhere flat and remeasure it now. The fronts not dropped as much as I want yet but the top arms are sitting on the front wheel wells so theyll gradually get lower as they 'clearance' themselves

Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Full of win! What's your FTG? I'm guessing 22"?

Can't wait to see it with the Fat Fives. You should get some US spec headlights!

Anyway, I wish your brother a quick recovery.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 PM
1st Gear

Cheers

and oh yeah....the fat fives.....went to get them after I lowered it earlier and after picking the guy up at his work and taking him home to a tiny speed bump infested village they were only Ronal S-lines

And my brothers pulling through,he had all the drips took out of him today and he was sitting up,chatting and watching the big bang theory at the visiting earlier

Not really measured it yet other than too check the starting points and the rears are not not fully set either. Going to give the fronts a chance to settle out and let the top arms go to work a bit then ill re-adjust the rears again with an empty boot and a half tank of gas.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Administrator

Glad to hear your brother is doing well.

So no Fat Fives? Did you end up getting the Ronal?

Old 03-25-2012, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

Thanks

and nah,coulda flipped the Ronals I guess but I decided to just save the pennies. Possibly picked up an RS4 front grill(purely because it was cheap)and im on the look out for an S4 front bumper. If I can pick one up before the car goes for paint ill run it and the grill if not I wont bother

Old 03-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Since you're reprinting the car, might as well do custom pull on those fenders! I know you want to.

Are you planning on shaving anything?

Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 AM
1st Gear

I done that with the passat and im not taking this as far as that went. Its really just to tidy up the odd little dings and paint chips before they take hold although there will be a bit of arch rolling happening at the front I dont need the arches pulled massively as the wheels that I have have adaptors made specifically to go on a B5

Quick Reply: Back in a B5 again