B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

b5 wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:31 AM
1st Gear
Default b5 wheels?

the wheels on my car are stock, and in my opinion, generally uninteresting. I was looking for something that is kind of a dark gold or bronze. I think that with my black exterior would go together pretty well. That or white wheels maybe (opinion?). could someone suggest some wheels that would look good on my car?

also, Im trying to stay on a budget, and i would also prefer they arent 24 inches as well.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by alexmurphy
i would also prefer they arent 24 inches as well.
Well thats REALLY gonna limit your choices

On a more serious note, there are a retarded amount of wheel choices out there. Knowing a little bit more about what you're looking for might help us make better suggestions. Do you like BBS-style mesh? 5 spokes? 10 spokes? Offset? Stagger? Are you looking for an OEMish style or something that sticks out a little more? 17",18"?

When you say gold, are you talking "WRX" gold or "Ludacris 100 spoke Daytons" gold?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
Well thats REALLY gonna limit your choices

On a more serious note, there are a retarded amount of wheel choices out there. Knowing a little bit more about what you're looking for might help us make better suggestions. Do you like BBS-style mesh? 5 spokes? 10 spokes? Offset? Stagger? Are you looking for an OEMish style or something that sticks out a little more? 17",18"?

When you say gold, are you talking "WRX" gold or "Ludacris 100 spoke Daytons" gold?
Well as for the color, I want something like this picture. Where it is gold, but darker (which it is labeled bronze, so ill go on that). i would prefer it have a brushed finish too, i'm not a fan of shiny wheels.

As for the actual style, I want something that is many-spoked, but not overpowering. I have found several Konig wheels that I like, but they don't come in the color i want, or they don't work with my car. like these.
http://www.konigwheels.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7831/.f
http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Hom.../HELIUM-BRONZE - these are near perfect, just (apparently) not compatible with my car.
http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Hom...HTSPEED-BRONZE - same situation here

What size are the stock wheels on a 99 a4?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 AM
1st Gear

the size of stock generally depends on whether or not your car has the sport package. and there are a million wheel choices out there, some cars can pull off the bronze look, some cant. just dont turn her into something shes not. when i was looking for wheels, i just googled like audi a4 b5 with 18in wheels. and i went from there deciding my style and all of that.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Yeah all those Konig's you posted (and most Konig's in general, for that matter) are for imports. 4 lugs, not a chance of those fitting on your car. I do like that color though, and I think you're right that it would look good on a black car.

Stock for the 99 2.8 was 16x7 I think, don't recall the offset.

Here's what I think you should do:

When you're in the market for wheels, the color/finish isn't as important as the style/fitment. If you can find a wheel you like that fits on the car, you can paint it, polish it, powder coat it, etc. The bolt pattern for our cars is 5x112, so I'd start by searching around for wheels you like with that pattern. You can worry about painting them bronze later. JM2C

Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
1st Gear

I'm pretty sure offset was et35...

Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
Yeah all those Konig's you posted (and most Konig's in general, for that matter) are for imports. 4 lugs, not a chance of those fitting on your car. I do like that color though, and I think you're right that it would look good on a black car.
well i mainly looked at konig's website because circa 2 years ago i was literally obsessed with need for speed underground, and in that game, Konig always had my favorite wheels. i know its a shitty excuse but it was the first brand that came to mind.

When you're in the market for wheels, the color/finish isn't as important as the style/fitment. If you can find a wheel you like that fits on the car, you can paint it, polish it, powder coat it, etc. The bolt pattern for our cars is 5x112, so I'd start by searching around for wheels you like with that pattern. You can worry about painting them bronze later. JM2C
Well the thing is, I would rather spend extra money finding wheels that work for my car and are the right style and color all at once, than to buy wheels that i like but aren't the right color, then spend more to have them repainted.
if i cannot find anything at all that works, i would consider that, but until im sure there is nothing already like what i want out there, i most likely wont.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:37 PM
1st Gear

also if you want you can check out classifieds... i know vwvortex has a 5x112 classified and there are a lot of very nice wheels on there i would jump on if i didnt already have a set of wheels... but if you dont mind buying used then classifieds are the answer...hope that helps a little

Old 10-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Or you could check our one of our many sponsors....
tirerack bronze

yes Konig do produce 5x112 just expect a price tag!

Last edited by chocalotstarfish; 10-07-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
1st Gear

Go white or gray (see my sig)! If you want new wheels, get them here: http://shop.achtuning.com/Wheel-Upgr...udi-B5-A4.aspx

Quick Reply: b5 wheels?