B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

B5 2.8 ran out of oil again...LOL

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 03:11 PM
2nd Gear
Wink B5 2.8 ran out of oil again...LOL

So, still have my 98 2.8 quattro, now approaching 300k...love it...my kid just ripped off another oil pan (2nd one in 4 years bottoming out - should just paint a 01 on the side) and ran out of oil...thank god I use BG MOA in all my cars, that stuff is awesome! Anyway, put in new oil pan, started it up, all my little ticking went away, runs great except for some codes and a rough idle.....but it's throwing codes as follows:

P0300, P0301, P0303 (intermittent 1 and 3 misfire etc) AND P1129 (fuel bank 2 system too rich)

Vac hoses are new, MAF is new, fuel pump and fuel filter are new, fuel pressure regulator is new, less than 1000 on plugs....timing belt under 10k.....

Now it points to MAF or coil packs, plugs etc..but didn't have them before...will someone confirm or help out that I think my kid damaged the CAT when he was driving like the dukes of hazard and ripped the oil pan off? I remember reading somewhere that a damaged or blocked CAT can cause the misfires and those codes....or am I wrong?

Or could he have warped the Chain tensioner guides...as said, runs great and when you're on the gas, no misfires.....only rough idle...

Again, it only idles rough, runs great otherwise, but throws these codes every 50-60 miles or so...and it's not in limp mode....

Any suggestions.....

Thanks.....