B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Audi's suck...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 04:08 AM
2nd Gear

Replacing so many parts and solving a lot of issues on this car definitely helped me to learn more about car repair in general. I don't even want to think how much I've spent so far though. I think most b5 owners are a little paranoid about what could go wrong next. I swear, you better have money saved for a rainy day (this car or a tow truck ride) or you'll be screwed one day. After owning a Honda, this car was a kick in the *****. I still love it despite it all though. This car is by far the best looking car I've owned.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

I love my car it doesn't matter how much I have to spend to fix it I will never give it up I love my b5 I take good care of it to people think its alot newer than a 99 but just look at it this way if you have to fix everything now you won't have to do it down the line just don't give up on the car the person before you may have not of taken care of it and it got pushed onto you but once you fix it, it'll run like a charm and did you know your check engine light can come on if you don't put your gas cap on tight enough but good luck with your audi hope you keep it

Old 08-19-2011, 07:53 AM
1st Gear

Sorry for this hijack but I just want to put some more fuel to the fire. Just cross posting a link from a facebook group that needs more members.

I visisted Audi Hammarby in Stockholm to get help with my Audi only to see them breaking it even more....

I hate Audi | Facebook

"Got my towing hook destroyed by dealer Din Bil Stockholm, Hammarby after leaving it there for a "stuck towing hook" ... It was not 100% working but they managed to break it beyond repair. Called service manager Per
Molin who simply said... We didn't do it... And that was that. To avoid ruining my vacation mood I found this matching fb group!! perfect! Thanks! I feel better already"

Today I got a response from an even higher service manager about this matter. He basically sent me a pricetag to get it fixed. full price no nothing. 2000$ to replace the hook they managed to destroy even more. When I left it at Audi Stockholm it was "only" stuck due to me neglecting to remove it for too long. They busted the locking mechanism totally making it impossible to service it in any way....

Maybe not the cars fault but it shows what you get for choosing a "premium" brand... Sell the car and then f-ck the customer...