B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Audi's suck...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 06:32 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi's suck...

Not really right?
It seems like every topic is about something that broke or is not working. I am on alot of forums and all audi forums are full to the brim with technical problems. Does anyone post things like " I love my Audi" or "check out this new upgrade." Seems like I should buy a vag com just to own my Audi. Are these cars reliable? I just bought a 2001 1.8T Avant and the alarm goes off after 20sec of locking the doors, the vanity lights will never go off after the car is started unless manually turned off. It seems like tons of electrical problems on theses cars. The car runs great and looks awesome but am I going to be dealing with problems every second? I want so badly to love my car but it makes me a little nervous ya mean!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 AM
1st Gear

Dude, every thread is about a problem because mostly we canīt solve everything by our own. Most of the ppl here likes DYI, so it is ok to talk about problems, ppl wants to solve them.

"I love my audi" / "my audi works great" is the regular thing. we all love them, or else we would sell it and buy something else.

As any "old" car, it will show some flaws. Some are well know by the community.

BTW, I love my Audi, but as any B5 it has some weird noises lol.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Administrator

They're very good cars, but they're also needy. If you want something that you can just change the oil in every 5k miles and ignore it you're not gonna find that in a B5 lol

Old 08-03-2011, 12:51 PM

Think of your Audi as a supermodel, and all will be okay LOL.

I am always taking care of my car (my choice) and as a result it has yet to let me down [knock on wood] after owning it for just over 18 months and ~22k miles.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:14 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by wingysataday
I want so badly to love my car but it makes me a little nervous ya mean!
Well, to be honest it's going to be a love/hate relationship. But mostly love.

There's going to be plenty of maintenance and repairs to do, so yes, I would recommend buying VCDS(VAG-COM) and a Bentley repair manual.

The only thing I've found that really, really makes me mad about Audi are those stupid f&@king single use hose clamps that I always have to cut off before I install a new, screw type hose clamp.

When everything is working, the B5 is a beautiful car to drive and look at.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:09 PM
1st Gear

deleted

Last edited by foxracing4500; 01-13-2024 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:43 PM
3rd Gear

A lot of the upgrade talk is contained within peoples timelines or build threads.

I'm going to make a new thread about how much I love my car, just for you.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:24 PM
1st Gear

most audi owners who love their cars dont come on forums and brag about how much they love them. most forum discussions are from owners needs assistance or newly owners looking to buy an audi

Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

the only thing i have to say about audi is LOVE even with problems its a car that makes you fell in love with it, if you want a car to change oil and put gas only yull never know what is to truly love a car, find a problem, fix it and then watch it ride like a charm! im new in the audi world but have learn to work on them!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:39 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by jdahlen24
The only thing I've found that really, really makes me mad about Audi are those stupid f&@king single use hose clamps that I always have to cut off before I install a new, screw type hose clamp.
This....A MILLION TIMES OVER

**** THOSE CLAMPS!!!!!!

/rant

Quick Reply: Audi's suck...