B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Audi defects

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi defects

theres a write up to help fix that i believe? ^^ but i have that problem too... when on interstate

Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

there is a fix...they say you gotta bend your door by the window frame so it tucks itself tight into the b-pillar. i would hesitate in trying.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:18 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: tdn

P.S. I personally think the boost guage idea is absurd....

Feel free to explain. I'm not in love with the idea, but I think it should have been included with turbo charged cars... there's obviously a reason they didn't see the need for one, enlighten me.

I suppose because they're luxury before all else, is why they didn't include one, most people into luxurious things probably couldn't be bothered to care what a boost guage is/does.
My explanation is probably not as elaborate or elegant as you were hoping for....I can appreciate that a boost guage may be convenient, esp. on models that are not naturally aspirated....I personally just feel as if its not something so intrinsic or essential to the 'typical' audi buyer (whatever that is) or audi's market. If that is to be expected then there is much more that we should all be expecting form the factory as well. It just seems very ideal for a very acute group of consumers, to me....too little for concern imo.

"non-powered passenger seat"
not really a defect. its just convenient feature to have. i believe only 2.8ers get all powered seats excluding the rear passenger seats. now thats something they should keep in mind in the future [&:]
I have had a 98 and 98.5 2.8Q 30 V and neither had a powered front passenger seat....I agree its not a "defect" but very inconveninet and out of place....everything else is powered and luxurious and then your passenger is struggling manually trying to adjust the seat....its just a big WHY? to me.

"unecessary fake headlight washer covers....insulting"
are you saying yours aint working? check again. have someone stand in front of your car while you activate the washer fluid(some say youneed to have your headlights on).
I don't think all models have them...On my last audi, the cover broke to reveal the emptiness within....

Old 03-22-2008, 12:42 AM

Wow, I didnt know so many cars had boost guages, my dads volvo s60 doesnt. I did know that the sti had it, but a4 arent really meant to be performance cars like the sti.

I only stuck up for the things that were being misunderstood.
I really dont like that there are two firewalls which takes away from the engine bay space.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:18 PM

Toyota Supras have stock boost gauges

Old 03-23-2008, 01:54 AM
2nd Gear

My biggest complaint has already been said.

190HP out of a v6 that is horrible. Honestly, but even my buddy said, even though Audi's don't make much power the interior is very very nice. Besides the defects and dissapointments there are very very nice features that other cars dont have!

But the Cup holders under the arm rest sucks, Everytime the one by the vent is taken up somone puts their drink there shifting is impossible.

The controll arms and ummm the shift lag really sucks.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

I know the 190 out of a V6 and a 2.8 is a bit of a disapointment.. better when what my past two Subaru's had 110HP 1.8 L and a 2.5L 165Hp 4cyl.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:09 PM

I have an 01 a4 v6. 190-ish HP out of a v6 was actully pretty high at the time. Are you talking about newer Audi's (i have no idea what HP they currently have).

Old 04-25-2008, 01:12 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: B5 owns

did you ever see a boost guage in any car from the factory?
lol dodge neon srt-4 even had stock boost guage.

what about 170 hp v6 for the 96-97 2.8...little worse than the 98-01

Old 04-25-2008, 03:45 PM

With my black one all Iv'e had to replace so far is the timming chain tensioner (still need to do next week). Other than the timming belt breaking on my red one that's it so far. Knock on wood.

Quick Reply: Audi defects