B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Audi A4 damaged - hit a deer - help needed on some estimates

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 03:43 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi A4 damaged - hit a deer - help needed on some estimates

Hi,

I own a 2001 Audi A4 with 70,000 (triptronic & sports package). I just met with an accident. I hit a deer on a highway and my car from and driver side are fully damaged. My driver side door is jammed. One portion of the hood is gone.. i beleive something inside the hood is broke (I saw something leaking after the hit)... I a much worried now.. I really want to fix this with Audi dealer.. dont know how much will it cost.. ( they might need to replace the door itself, the hood, lights, side mirror and fix things inside the hood).. do anyone know what would be an approximate cost for all these by audi dealer.. i am not sure if my insurance is going to total this car.. i never met with an accident before.. i am not sure how to proceed further.. if anyone can give me some suggestions on what my options are, it will be really really helpful.. i bought this car for $9500 last year, changed the timing belt and all 4 spark plug and coils and a tire for close to $2000.. i think i am going to loose lot of money and i am not sure if i can find a good car like this for cheap anymore..i am frustrated and very upset...

Old 06-21-2009, 05:13 AM
1st Gear

I bet they will just total it out. I have seen other Audi's that have been totaled out for less damage. If they don't, your gonna need to take it to a body shop. A dealer isn't gonna be set up for that much body work.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:12 AM
2nd Gear

Sounds like it'll be totaled. I got mine fixed this spring after hitting some ice and hitting a jersey wall and it cost me $5500 but I didnt have any collision insurance..

Old 06-21-2009, 10:57 AM
5th Gear

ya it's probably totaled. i'm just guessing but from what you said you probably need hood, headlights, fender, door locks, chassis adjustment, radiator, radiator support, and condenser.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:38 AM
1st Gear

Thank you all...

I would like it get totaled.. i don't want some body part shop changeling all this with cheap parts. I would be happy if Audi dealer can do all this but not sure if they will do all this. Also, not sure how much they are going to ask for this.

The sad part is, the car is all repaired and its in perfect condition. The timing belt was changed last December.. the four spark plug and coils are changed.. tires are in good condition.. i bought and installed Dension ICE link on it... i am feeling bad...

If totaled, i am not sure how much i might get for this car from insurance. I am going to buy another used one but again i need to search for good one!!

Thanks all for your responses..

Old 06-21-2009, 12:06 PM
3rd Gear

they will probably cut you a check for around $6000 - $7000. show them receipts from the timing belt job (if you got it done at a shop) and anything else you recently paid for on the car. when i had mine totaled i had a $1100 receipt from a timing belt job and they gave me an additional couple hundred $ over what they were going to originally. you wont get the full price of the work back, but they will give you something at least. if you want to buy the car back and part it out, you sometimes can make even more money.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:29 PM
1st Gear

Thanks. I thought i will get something close to $10,000. The retail price of the car shows $9000 in KBB. I am in NJ and i thought they will also pay sales tax and registration fees also ans NJ state insurance governance insist that... I also have the ipod connection installed in the car for $450.. so i guessed around $10,000.. anything around $6000-$7000 is bad for me...do anyone aware how they calculate the Actual Cash Value of the car?

Old 06-21-2009, 01:30 PM
3rd Gear

it differs from one insurance company to another. i dont know about new jersey specific laws, but generally insurance will not reimburse you for tax and registration fees. they also will almost never give you full book value. that $9000 figure you have is what a dealer would list the car for. that car is probably worth closer to $7k in actual value, like if sold by a private party. they will for sure not give you more then KBB value. although it greatly depends on what type of insurance policy you have. for my 97 A4, they gave me $5200, which is about $1000 less then what the car was worth at the time according to KBB, and that included the few hundred extra for the timing belt i just had done. sorry but if you got any more then $7k, i would be extremely surprised.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

Thats sad to know..thanks for your reply.. i am going to talk to them tomorrow.. i will update this thread what happens..might be usefull for someone in the future..

Old 06-21-2009, 05:06 PM

when i hit a deer in mine my insurance claim was for 7200, that was replacing the whole front end and then some

Quick Reply: Audi A4 damaged - hit a deer - help needed on some estimates