B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

For anyone who thinks they've blown or have a blown Bose speaker

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

Great write up, im adding this to my project list...gonna give it a try next weekend, Thanks!

Old 12-20-2008, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

Also I'd like to add that it is not recommended you use CRAZY GLUE, Elmer's glue is just right for this fix, crazy glue is way too thin and may leak through and well you know what will happen then.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:38 PM

mine started too do that at one time, but i like extremely loud music haha mainly why im going def at a very young age lol but i just ripped them out and through JL's all the way around SUCH an upgrade its just phenominal

Old 02-10-2009, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

Dude, you rock. My right rear speaker was buzzing and the superglue fix made it perfect again. You easily saved me $100... thanks brother!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
2nd Gear

I'm voting for a sticky on this one. Appears to be an all too common problem.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

lol too late for me, i jsut changed my d/s rear speaker 2 days ago..

oh well if it happens again, ill know what to do

Old 03-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Thumbs up Bose Woofer/Glue Fix

I discovered this before I joined the forum. It's amazing how many people have this problem. If I were'nt so lazy I'd start a class action against Bose/Audi. Along with the red and yellow digital display in the dash bugging out! My only suggestion is to stay away from the crazy glue (to thin and won't last long) or the Elmers which tends to be too brittle and if you like bass then the combo won't last too long. I used Epoxy and spread several layers around the dust cover. Epoxy is strong and if spread in layers will have a better resiliancy. Also I waited a few days before using the stereo and then at low volumes at first. It's all cool now. Great Thread! Thanks,
V

Old 03-12-2009, 09:45 PM

I had the same problem. I used two part epoxy glue and it's been working for a year and a half.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by vercinogetorix
I discovered this before I joined the forum. It's amazing how many people have this problem. If I were'nt so lazy I'd start a class action against Bose/Audi. Along with the red and yellow digital display in the dash bugging out! My only suggestion is to stay away from the crazy glue (to thin and won't last long) or the Elmers which tends to be too brittle and if you like bass then the combo won't last too long. I used Epoxy and spread several layers around the dust cover. Epoxy is strong and if spread in layers will have a better resiliancy. Also I waited a few days before using the stereo and then at low volumes at first. It's all cool now. Great Thread! Thanks,
V
hey how did you take ur panels off? the way explained or an easier way?

Old 09-04-2009, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

of coarse when i finally try this my dust cap is fine but my speaker still sucks.. too good to b true

Quick Reply: For anyone who thinks they've blown or have a blown Bose speaker