B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

anyone who is BT

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: anyone who is BT

G/L fitting a treadstone on the car. People have contacted them and they have no answer to what car it was made for. It puts the turbo to far back for most cars.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:05 PM
5th Gear

it was designed for transverse setups. the only fitment issues are if you use a 4" inlet or maybe the return line being too close to the frame rail. i do remember someone having problems with fitment in the past tho. i would ask Co Avant since i think he installed it on his avant.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

G/L fitting a treadstone on the car. People have contacted them and they have no answer to what car it was made for. It puts the turbo to far back for most cars.
the only area it is tight is in the exhaust side. you have to fabricate your own. and it is a pretty hard corner next to the wheel well. but VERY doable.. the pics of it installed on a B6 A4 are down. but it places the turbo in a much better spot than the ATP log manifold does. puts it right in between runners 2 and 3, much easier to fab up an intake w/MAF. also the WG is in a better position. and the nuts are easier to install/remove.. in my next turbo setup, i am considering it over the others out there..

also, here's another option from SPA

Old 02-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Zombie Defense Force

and Jeff i LOL'd at the ebay mani. did it just blow the weld for the wg? where did your wg end up when that happened?
ya the weld just blew off i guess. the wg and the dump tube flew out from under the car while i was going 80. i lost lots of power and it was very loud and the poor driver behind me wasnt to happy

Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 PM
5th Gear

lmao. did it hit their car?

and another manifold you could check out is MTM. VERY good manifold but pricey

Old 02-07-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

it was designed for transverse setups. the only fitment issues are if you use a 4" inlet or maybe the return line being too close to the frame rail. i do remember someone having problems with fitment in the past tho. i would ask Co Avant since i think he installed it on his avant.
It pushes the turbo in the firewall. So basically if you want to run it on a transverse, you have to bang the **** out of the firewall. So its not made for that either.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm make believe

And dont do spa. They are nice, but you have to use their weird wastegates