B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

anyone who is BT

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: anyone who is BT

my mani was atp and it was the only one that stood up to my set up. my other 2 off ebay cracked in a few weeks. my atp one is still on the car btw 2 years later

Old 02-06-2008, 01:50 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

my mani was atp and it was the only one that stood up to my set up. my other 2 off ebay cracked in a few weeks. my atp one is still on the car btw 2 years later
true, but you cant disagree that many people have had ATP mani's crack, it seems supporting the turbo and ceramic coatings have helped some others, didnt seem to stop it from cracking
yet there are others such as yourself who havent had a problem one... why? i have no clue

one guy on audizine got two ATP manis (brand new) already cracked and they had tried to grind in the crack down!
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Nifold+cracked

more cracked mani's

here is a thread about the ceramic coating

and another cracked one

Old 02-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Zombie Defense Force

wtf did my wg go????? fwiw dont go cheap on a mani
Name:  P1010356.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  138.0 KB

Old 02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
2nd Gear

your what? go where? i cant see the pic..

yeah if he is building that bad boy right, a tubi mani from 034 would be nice if he gots the $$$ but ATP has revised the design to add some runners on the mani for strength

Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Papachristou

ORIGINAL: 1.8TK3MP

apr is stpuid pricing..i said i am going custom put together t3/t4 for a more affordable price

i would disagree... (although they are slightly higher priced) you do pay for what you get

ATP gives u a crappy cast iron mani that will crack(we will see how their "new" design holds up)

APR gives you an inconel cast mani that will never crack and can support the turbo weight... if you add in the additional cost for the mani its $800-1000 for a tubi mani

also includes the TIP, bigger MAF/housing and all new silicone hoses.....

ATP kit doesnt include any of that, if you shop APR i heard you can get a discount (heresay of course)

but their kit is still a little high priced but its plug and play and give good reliable power, your kit might give more power overall but you are going to spend the time to source all the **** yourself and do a lot more tweaking (and also be a hella lot more proud of your car since you custom designed your setup) so each route has its pros/cons

have fun tuning that sleeper up!

oh and here is all the stuff APR comes with (some stuff is +/- depending of b5/b6 i believe)

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/about_tvs3_bags.html
APR is also ridiculously expensive and wont even put out as much power as a 50trim would (except for maybe the 3+)

and atp's new design has been holding up MUCH better. plus you can get an exact replica off ebay for even cheaper. if you wanted really good quality get a treadstone manifold

and Jeff i LOL'd at the ebay mani. did it just blow the weld for the wg? where did your wg end up when that happened?

Old 02-06-2008, 02:04 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Papachristou

your what? go where? i cant see the pic..

yeah if he is building that bad boy right, a tubi mani from 034 would be nice if he gots the $$$ but ATP has revised the design to add some runners on the mani for strength
i wouldn't really want an equal length tubular for a 50 trim. i'd go for the treadstone mani for much quicker spool up. if he was gettin at least a garrett 30 series, then i would get a tubular mani

Old 02-06-2008, 02:31 PM
2nd Gear

ok, first off, Papachristou, stop talking. you aren't making any good or relevent points..

there have beenproblems with the ATP STOCK PLACEMENT MANIFOLD. NOT the ATP t25 log manifold(which is the one you would use for a t3/t4 setup.. so please, realize what people are talking about before you post..

and not that i see this setup happening, but you don't need to choose your injectors just yet. you're tuner will choose them for you.. go with CTapp. you'll be getting some 630 Seimens

Old 02-06-2008, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear

wow, that was so nice of you sean, i was also pointing the APR differences...yes its high but quality and complete...

anyhow i had forgot about the treadstone....

something that MIGHT be relevant is there was a new treadstone for sale in the classifieds by co avant, i saw it on audizine as well i believe... if he still has it, he will probably let it go cheap... search it up

Old 02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
5th Gear

he doesn't. i already asked

Old 02-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

ok, first off, Papachristou, stop talking. you aren't making any good or relevent points..

there have beenproblems with the ATP STOCK PLACEMENT MANIFOLD. NOT the ATP t25 log manifold(which is the one you would use for a t3/t4 setup.. so please, realize what people are talking about before you post..

and not that i see this setup happening, but you don't need to choose your injectors just yet. you're tuner will choose them for you.. go with CTapp. you'll be getting some 630 Seimens
Thank you sean. I already had some other idiot try to make that same agruement months ago. If people could get there manifolds strait, bad info would get spread. Apr is expensive due to the name and lack of thinking involved. you can make more power and have a reliable kit without settling for a 28r or 28rs. There is TONS more turbos out there