B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

anyone want to make some cash installing my coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Default anyone want to make some cash installing my coilovers?

I recently bought a set of tein ss coilovers for my 98 1.8t a4. I live in New Bedford, Ma. If anyone is interested please send me a private message and we can go from there. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:56 PM

shouldn't be that hard to do, i'll see if I can find a write up, check the stickys to see if theres anything in there about doing suspension work. I'd come help, but I live in IL

Old 03-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Administrator

If you're up for a road trip, come to upstate NY - we can knock out the install in an afternoon. We are 5 hrs from Boston if that helps you figure the distance, but if you want to go for a drive, come on out and we can help you out.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:52 PM
5th Gear

haha after all the suspension stuff we've done i think it'd be much less than an afternoon lol. i could probably do it all myself in an afternoon. you should def come up, you'll be glad you did. personally, i wouldn't take any money, just bring me a some yuengling

Old 03-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Heheh well yeah I'm sure it would take less than that, but I'm playing devil's advocate. Hiwords is right though, we've done a lot of suspension work and can definitely handle the job easily. Bring along anything else you'd want to do as well (mods, valve cover gaskets, etc for example) and we can fit all of it in. It's a good time - group of us wrenching, having a few beers, detailing the cars if we feel like it. AT member Varsh came from CT last spring for VC gaskets - we did those, a three-part seafoam job, some vagcom diagnostics and recoding (horn delete on remote locking, remote window controls, etc). He had a good time and his car was handled fine. Oh and all it cost him was the case of yuengling he grabbed on the way over

Old 03-29-2009, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

haha I want to come wrench since you're only a 45 minute straight shot drive from me. but my current problem I'm fixing tomorrow actually is a gas leak. lost a quarter tank in 2 days. so I'm hoping its nothing major even though it sounds it. but I have the feeling the drive to binghamton would cost me a tank of gas. just to fix it haha

Old 03-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Administrator

LOL yeah that would suck. You'll definitely have to come down though. It's not like we have any lack of projects on tap this summer!

Old 03-29-2009, 10:46 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
LOL yeah that would suck. You'll definitely have to come down though. It's not like we have any lack of projects on tap this summer!
Once I get this sunuva bitchin drain on my wallet running like the way its supposed to I can start modding myself lol. bought it cheap thinking I could fix it. and all these little things like brakes and washer pump now a fuel leak and a CEL are starting to add up! But I'm definately down! nothing quite like a day of working on the car.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 PM
3rd Gear

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel28.shtml

Do NOT do the first four steps. They're pointless and you'll end up spending so much extra time trying to get the bolt back in. Suspension swapping is a lot easier than it sounds. I just did my coilovers the other week and it was the first thing involving suspension I have attempted. It took around 6 hours only because one of the bolts was rusted and stripped and very difficult to take out. I was about to post a thread asking the same thing as you but after doing it with a friend that had the same amount of knowledge as I do, I'm glad I didn't pay anyone. Try it yourself!

Old 03-30-2009, 04:57 AM

id live to come to upstate ny to get my bitch dropped.... im a lil iffy on my car drivin 5 hours straight... if i drive for more then 1 hour my coolant light begins flashing even tho the coolant gauge reads ok... any1 have an idea what that could be?

Quick Reply: anyone want to make some cash installing my coilovers?