B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Anyone In seattle wanna make some Money$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Anyone In seattle wanna make some Money$$$$

Hey im going to be replacing my front Control arms on my 2000 a4 1.8t Quattro (AEB i think) Uppers and lowers tie rod ends ball joint ect... so what im trying to find out is if anyone wants/would be willing to help me( most likelyi will try to help but dont thik i will be alot of it)im willing to pay someone for this i understand you may have no way to do an alignment or if the ball joint need to be pressed press them...i ahve asked a few of my buddys but they all work on hondas and im not sure if i want themtaking my car apart. pm me

Old 06-02-2008, 02:59 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Anyone In seattle wanna make some Money$$$$

(open bid crap was a joke) if you pm ill toss you my price..

Old 06-02-2008, 03:00 PM

Removed.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:42 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Leifer
Good luck "kickin' back and blazin'" while someone else works on your car for you. With that kind of attitude, maybe you need to get a Honda and have your "home slices" tear it down for you.
Lol
No better time to learn than now! Get a couple Honda buddies over that have actually worked on their cars and you guys can figure it out with a $20 Chilton manual. The sooner you start working on your car, the sooner you can start saving money for other things, like mods, or blaze material.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:38 PM
1st Gear

oh yes.. me and the "home Slices" (Friends Brother) you got me there man......i understand everyone likes to flame people here...even if i opened mysdelf up for that one...im still not retarded...but whatever

Old 06-03-2008, 04:08 AM

Edited out. My point isn't to flame you or to be overly negative, but that original post was as outlandish as my comment

If nobody up here wants to, try your luck with www.nwquattro.com there's some handy people there.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
1st Gear

i found a shop that will do it for 90 bucks an hour and they say they can do it in four so that 360( includes alignment and all)not that bad i think. thanks tho and i uderstand why you said what you did.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Slut

its really not hard to do. if you have friends with any experience at all, you can easily do it.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
1st Gear

yeah? the only reason im not wanting my friends and i to do it is cuz people said something about ball joints needing to be pressed? i think i coudl take it somewhere when that step comes along and then the alignment? i have a firestone thats aboput two miles away from my house so i could drive it down the hill....so long story short...i should just buck up and do it with my friends?

Old 06-03-2008, 09:00 PM
1st Gear

alright buddy,

you should be able to do it fi i was able to do it. i had a honda civic in my hey day and messed with it obviously. now i have an audi and am still messing with it. i just did atiming belt job, cv joint repair, control arm replacement, wheel bearing replacement on the a4.

there are tons of great write ups and you should have no problem doing any of them. just hope its not raining again in seattle.

what im trying to say is, its not as bad as you think. follow the write up and youll be fine. if youre stuck, ask the forum.

control arm replacement is easy as hell, just lots of wrenching. also, buy all of the right tools and sizes!

Quick Reply: Anyone In seattle wanna make some Money$$$$