B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Anyone know this???

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Anyone know this???

I have put in some LED's in my tail lights......my 3rd is good....I put a load resistor on it and have been trying to figure out the resistors for the tail lights???

Old 04-02-2015, 09:56 AM
2nd Gear

I put LEDs in my tail lights and they looked like ****. Even though they were "super bright", they were dimmer and uglier than the stock incandescent lights.

They look good and work well when used as reverse lights, but that's about it.

If you insist on doing an LED conversion, just buy (ebay) bulbs that don't require resistors. They're super cheap and much easier to install.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:34 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by A4TurboGuy
I put LEDs in my tail lights and they looked like ****. Even though they were "super bright", they were dimmer and uglier than the stock incandescent lights.

They look good and work well when used as reverse lights, but that's about it.

If you insist on doing an LED conversion, just buy (ebay) bulbs that don't require resistors. They're super cheap and much easier to install.

Well I have some and they are from my good friend from collage. They are very bright and so far work just hate the bulb out sensor lol always going off lol

Old 04-03-2015, 07:54 AM
2nd Gear

I hear ya!

I can't stand having any gauge lights on all the time. That's why I haven't done the EGR delete yet and I've only done the partial PCV delete.

If you know the resistance of the stock bulb (which should be easy to find) and you know the resistance of the LEDs, you should be able to figure out the difference that way (assuming the LEDs are 12V). If they're not 12V, use OHMs triangle to work out the math.

G/L

Old 04-04-2015, 12:13 PM
1st Gear

yeah I will figure it out one day soon.