B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Any Positive Results w/ ST upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:08 PM
4th Gear

i added a MBC to mine few days after i got chipped. pushing about 22psi. i was able to keep up with my friends sti. not pass, just keep up. it made me feel happy. only downside ive had with the tune is the fueling, its horrible i run rich 24/7, and only get about 210 miles to a full tank (14 gal) and i use 93oct

Old 08-15-2009, 10:27 AM

I do not believe a simple chip can have yall keeping up with srt skittles and sti's. A k03 at 18psi is not making over 200whp; the other cars stated both stock produce more power, and weight less.

Im not knocking the chip, I just think yall are taking the k03's boost spike a little too seriously.

Yall should check out audizine.com, its another audi board that is more active with MUCH better information!!

Old 08-15-2009, 11:09 AM
4th Gear

Yea. I'm on audizine a lot more than here. And I know what I'm talking about, just I never said I can beat and sti or srt4 plus srt4s are slow. I said I was able to keep up with my friends sti I may have been 4 car lengts behind but I never lost him. I know my car is slow. The chip only gives 50+ hp and with a stock chp of 170 so that makes 220chp which I really doubt. I need to get my car on a dyno. But also those other little thing like intake exhaust, and even going fmic can help out. Speedtuning is an alright company u got the most bang for the buck but personally I think I'm going together a retune with giac or APR. I miss my gas mileage and my cat is clogged from running rich too

Old 08-15-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jc61990
And I know what I'm talking about, just I never said I can beat and sti or srt4 plus srt4s are slow. I said I was able to keep up with my friends sti I may have been 4 car lengts behind but I never lost him.
4 car lengths behind is not keeping up lol, thats getting beat bad.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:59 AM

Can you guys that are having good results with speedtuning post up your ECU model number, so we can try to see if there is some difference in versions that is causing the difficulties some of us are having?

Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
1st Gear

Yea. I'm on audizine a lot more than here. And I know what I'm talking about, just I never said I can beat and sti or srt4 plus srt4s are slow. I said I was able to keep up with my friends sti I may have been 4 car lengts behind but I never lost him. I know my car is slow. The chip only gives 50+ hp and with a stock chp of 170 so that makes 220chp which I really doubt. I need to get my car on a dyno. But also those other little thing like intake exhaust, and even going fmic can help out. Speedtuning is an alright company u got the most bang for the buck but personally I think I'm going together a retune with giac or APR. I miss my gas mileage and my cat is clogged from running rich too
The upgrade is making you run rich? Did you get the stage 1 or stage 2 upgrade? Do you have the stock cat in place?

Old 08-15-2009, 06:29 PM
4th Gear

Stock cat. Stg 2 tune. I got it last year in a previous group buy. And yea I run rich as hell.

And to the other post. I never said I was racing. I was just able to follow without loosing sight. And was able to keep up with about 4 car lengths

Old 08-15-2009, 06:57 PM
1st Gear

Stock cat. Stg 2 tune. I got it last year in a previous group buy. And yea I run rich as hell.

And to the other post. I never said I was racing. I was just able to follow without loosing sight. And was able to keep up with about 4 car lengths
Hey, a moral victory is still a victory right?
The weight of these cars can be a downside but when an Ford Excursion going about 15 mph hit me while I was stationary, my body had no effects it was in a crash.

Besides, what woman wants to ride shotgun in a Dodge Neon or an extra bright Sti?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:18 PM

You need to get vag com, the free version will do, and lemmiwinks and pull some fueling. Here is a link that should help you out. And I suggest you get the ebay cable from seller 'Alpha Bid'. Its $20 and it works!

http://homepage.mac.com/edyjun1/S4/l...ng%20Notes.htm

Oh and our cars are not that slow I was able to stay within a half mile of a new z06 lol!! I dont think he knew we were racing tho det da dee lol!!

Old 08-15-2009, 09:58 PM
4th Gear

Lemi is for DBW I'm DbC so it doesn't work and I have full vag-com

and I'm going ko4 so I'm gonna go apr or giac anyway

Quick Reply: Any Positive Results w/ ST upgrade?