B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

another depo lights question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:30 AM
1st Gear
Default another depo lights question

So im opting to by a set of 4pc depo lights for my 99. Currently I have the stock headlamps which suck but I also have city lights.
The depo projectors im looking at :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...spagenameZWDVW

Now by the high beams there seems to be a small hole for the bulb to be inserted but my question is do I have to cut any wires or so?
Is it simply just swap the bulbs out and connect the headlamps and thats it?

Old 03-24-2008, 10:48 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: another depo lights question

It's a direct swap.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:50 AM
4th Gear

no they're made for H7 bulbs so you just swap everything over, teh only issue is if you have pre face lift fog lights which are built into the headlamp then your gonna loose those unless you do get post face lift fog light recesses and replace them with yours.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:36 AM
1st Gear

SAudi:, I have fog lights in addition to the city lights / (headlamp fog lights ). They are on a separate switch so I guess all that will be retained when doing the swap.
Also, where can I buy the screws that hold down the headlamp ( I know already that my passenger side is going to be a bish to remove) definitely will be stripping that bolt.

Can I get to the bottom headlight bolt without removing the bumper? maybe a 90 degree angle driver or something

Old 03-24-2008, 12:20 PM
4th Gear

On those DEPO lights, the little city light (which fits into the hole in the bottom of the high beam reflector) is wired into your existing fog light circuit. I plan on eventually rewiringmine so thatthe city lights are hooked up to my parking lights, and then install facelift fogs and wire them to the existing fog light switch.

I managed to get at the bottom bolt alright with the bumper on, it's just a tight fit is all.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: flyromeo3

Can I get to the bottom headlight bolt without removing the bumper? maybe a 90 degree angle driver or something
yea, you can get to it...when i did mine it wasn't any problem.. i had a long screwdriver that was angled towards the bolt, but not angled enough to where you coudnt grab onto it

Old 03-24-2008, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

anyone know where I can get the headlight bolts? ( the two that go on top of the housing ) Im definitely going to strip the head trying to remove it cause it looks rusty.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:58 PM

spray it first with wd-40 if there rusty

Old 03-24-2008, 04:19 PM
4th Gear

Mine came off pretty easily with an electric impact wrench.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:58 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: flyromeo3

SAudi:, I have fog lights in addition to the city lights / (headlamp fog lights ). They are on a separate switch so I guess all that will be retained when doing the swap.
Also, where can I buy the screws that hold down the headlamp ( I know already that my passenger side is going to be a bish to remove) definitely will be stripping that bolt.

you can on the 4 piece, just remove the corner markers and theres the bolt.

Quick Reply: another depo lights question