B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

aledelic42's timeline.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:25 PM
3rd Gear

boredom + $1 = hella jdm steez

might be the first b5 to do this.. not sure if I like or not but whatever, I don't plan on keeping the headlights forever
cracked my windshield while trying to put the stock mirror back on because I figured I wasn't going to be able to take the mount off should be getting replaced this week.. I took the mirror off because I bought a 5 panel wink mirror.. may be the first b5 (or audi...) to use one of those..

Old 05-10-2010, 09:30 PM
3rd Gear

It's interesting and actually looks like it could be stock.

I like it. I can't wait to see that mirror, eliminates blindspots right?

Old 05-10-2010, 09:46 PM
3rd Gear

it seems like it'll cover blind spots and everything.. you can really see a lot in it. insurance is paying for the windshield with their chosen company and I'm hoping they will be ok installing the wink mirror instead.. or at least not installing any mirror

Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 PM
3rd Gear

Sounds good, hopefully he should be fine installing that mirror. The guy that replaced my windshield in September was a pretty cool guy. Chatted with him for a bit.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
2nd Gear

Nice man, the orange corners are cool. Nice to see something different for once.

What car is that roll cage in?

How much did you guys pay for a new windshield and was it OEM? Mine has a small crack in it, but the whole thing is sandblasted from years of use.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 PM
3rd Gear

Mine is sandblasted too, even though I haven't had it a year.

The cost to me was free 99. Insurance covers glass for me!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 PM
3rd Gear

thanks, I was (and still am) expecting more negative feedback than positive.
I've gotten the windshield replaced twice in my sedan. the first time I think it was around $300.. the second time I had it done at a junkyard and he told me he'd add $175 to my bill but he ended up actually taking money off of my final price (the windshield and a bunch of other things). I'm pretty sure the first time was replaced with a non oem one and I'm not sure about the second time. normally insurance would cover windshields
I dunno what car that is, I just searched for wink mirror. it looks like an ef civic hatch though..

Old 05-10-2010, 11:58 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah it's different and it glows orange anyway. Yellow looks cool too, but I think it would drive me crazy when driving. I currently have yellow lamin-x on my fogs.

And why are you selling your sedan?

Oh haha, I didn't read the post about the wink mirror. I thought you were showing your interior at first. What is the wink mirror used for in a car like that?

Free 99 is the best price, I have good insurance, but I think for glass I have a large deductible, plus I'd rather not make a claim and they might not even replace it unless I put my foot through it. It is getting dangerously hard to see out of at night. I don't want to worry about the mirror or getting another registration sticker and parking pass.

Last edited by jmgrande; 05-11-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:11 PM
3rd Gear

my low beams are yellow and I like them (picture on previous page). the wink mirror is just used like a normal mirror.. I guess a lot of people who track their cars like to use them because you can see your blind spots and everything. the mirrors are set at the right angles and can't be adjusted and don't need to be. I just bought it because I thought it was kinda cool..
selling the sedan because I got the avant and can't afford both. got the avant becauseI needed a car and found it for a good deal and the sedan wasn't working at the time..

Old 05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Your car with the amber corners reminded me of this:

for being different.

Quick Reply: aledelic42's timeline.